Stay informed with the latest travel insights, analysis and expertise.
The latest Booking.com developments relevant to your business, while showcasing the great work you do.
Connect online with fellow Booking.com partners for the best tips and advice.
Whatever you business goals may be, our solutions can help you succeed on Booking.com
Find out how to get set up, and read about our services and features.
Hola Pieter, Thank you for share the reply from booking. They phone me yesterday to insist that since we are in Cuba our main currency have to be USD, I forwarded one screenshot of the Hotel Nacional listing in EURO, anyway is time and energy consuming.
Please get in touch directly by email:
I found some sites that people work with here in Havana, that process the VCC they are just ridiculously expensive if you want those contacts I will pass them on via email and please if you find another share with us.
We still have the kind option offered by our partner in this forum of course however I'm looking for to find one that is already part of the Cuban network.
It is really rather disturbing if they don't allow us to keep the Euro, because they will disturb seriously our online presence. I'm not sure I will remain in booking.com if they don't change my currency to EURO
The alternative just calculates all that they made us lose and charge it on top of the rate.
No, they will don't let anyone pay cash is all by VCC there are some people that charge the cards and send the money to Cuba they charge a commission, sometimes ridiculous high rates, I can not advise you exactly one specific because it is a very personal desition.
I will let you know when I know more.
Thank you for your reply.
My channel manager sends the rate and the availability to all my listings all at ones then all currencies should be the same in all listings. The only one that differs is Booking.com
Moreover, it is my property, therefore, they should respect my choices or we are starting a partnership with a wrong approach
In Cuba the USD is penalized with 10 %, if I will increase my price 10% it should be for my own benefit not to accommodate Booking.com not to change my currency.
Expedia did the change in 48 hours with no complaints and full understanding.
Will see what happens this week as they also take an ocean of time to reply.
I will try to transfer the VCC to my bank account however to be ready just in case please could you let me know how much is your rate to process my VCC and transfer the money to an EU bank? Thank you
Dear Pieter, Dear Zsolt,
Thank you for your questions and reply.
I'm still brainstorming about booking.com. I have not yet brought my property live because in order to be able to connect to my channel manager I need my main currency to be EUROS and somehow the reply I got after a week of waiting is that they will keep it in USD.
This caused me a lot of discomforts because I'm renting my place through the OTA not given Booking.com any rights to decide on an important aspect as it is my currency.
I sent back the same request just now and again I'm on the waiting list probably until next week.
Once this aspect is clear and my currency it is fit to Euro then I will explore how to charge my card.
If Booking does not agree with my request then I will take away my property from Booking all together because I will totally mistrust the system.
I'm also in Cuba...
I'm just new to Booking.com and I won't accept to have my property live until I'm not sure about the way I will receive my payments. All is very unclear for Cuban Partners.
How can I able to withdraw my fonds from the virtual card? Could this transfer to an account out of Cuba? I have family that is able to receive the payments on my behalf, in Belgium or Spain. Please advice.
Thank you in advance,