Growing Together is our ongoing promise to build a stronger era of partnership. Explore our new commitments and the progress we’ve made on our previous ones.
Stay informed with the latest travel insights, analysis and expertise.
The latest Booking.com developments relevant to your business, while showcasing the great work you do.
Connect online with fellow Booking.com partners for the best tips and advice.
All you need to know to succeed as a Booking.com partner.
Looking for expert advice on making the right decisions for your property? Explore our solutions designed to help you achieve your ambitions.
Find out how to get set up, and read about our services and features.
Thanks Maria, I followed your tips:
1. Gave them a goody bag full of locally grown olives. Guests complained that the grapes tasted weird!
2. Was cold so I wrapped up the woman in a blanket upon arrival, had funny look from husband and stunned look on womans face but think it went ok.
3. Didn't have any sunglasses so placed bags over guests heads as they left as extra protection from sun. Didn't manage to see their happy expressions.
4. Rushed down in the evening and placed pashminas on woman and husband. The husband said it wasn't his colour.
5. Heard guests come in late so gave them time to settle, once all went quiet I let myself in. They were in bed but to make them more comfy and feel special I started feeding grapes to the woman. Husband woke up in shock at me sitting beside his wife. Anyway she seemed happy.
6. Unfortunately I didn't send them home with a treat or even see them leave as after number 5. the police popped round and took me away to their homestay.
On the whole I think it went well :)
Hi and thanks for the list even if some of us already do those things it is still a good refresher. I constantly add info to my guest folders especially instructions for using even the simplest item such as a kettle as it is a licencing requirement in Spain. I also add addresses/pictures of shops, bars, chemist etc. with a little map showing best route/distance from property. Regarding bedding/laundry I use things such as pillow and mattress protectors which help protect the more expensive items. Simple little trick/tip for the waste bins is that I always put a folded spare bin liner under the inserted one so if guests use up the current one another is available thus keeping bin clean.
Hi Fahad and welcome. I have only been hosting around 9 months and have done the verification request a few times but have never received anything through the post or had any difficulties as my property shows the correct location on the map and yes your property should be displayed online without this once you receive an email/message saying property is open.
Thanks for reply Sergei however most platforms you upload to allow rotation of photos so why not BC? I have checked every setting I can find regarding the photo but unable to find what you mention so can not alter it.
Hi jaybeegee, as I said everything has a tick in it and yet very few items appear in the listing of my rooms. It was "room amenities" I meant not facilities however same applies as everything ticked. Have had this issue for a while now and contacted BC more than once yet same old automated replies and response times too!
My Budget room:
Private bathroom Flat-screen TV
My Premium room which even has a kitchen/lounge yet no mention of that which is a biggy:
Looks amazing Pattianne.
Link does not work folks so copy and paste into browser to view the stunning pics.
Yes am aware of where it is for me but what am not seeing is any results. What is the point of me writing a description of my property if it is only seen by me. I have searched as a guest would and nowhere does my written description of the property appear which is contradictory to what BC are now claiming. Regarding potential customers reading profiles how do they do that as I can't read others profiles when searching for a property?
Would be good if BC gave explanation on this subject now they have admitted they have heard us and addressed the points.
Thanks Sergei, looking forward to a response/solution to this issue.