Stay informed with the latest travel insights, analysis and expertise.
The latest Booking.com developments relevant to your business, while showcasing the great work you do.
Connect online with fellow Booking.com partners for the best tips and advice.
All you need to know to succeed as a Booking.com partner.
Looking for expert advice on making the right decisions for your property? Explore our solutions designed to help you achieve your ambitions.
Find out how to get set up, and read about our services and features.
Loriswitaj, this is a major concern for all homeowners and I can see this topic over and over again without any proper solution. I have just contacted Lloyds Uk and now I am waiting for their reply. Can you shade some light on the policy you have, is it s liability policy as well or only damage? Can I buy this policy from any place on the world (if my property is in Europe or middle east can I buy the policy as well?)
This is a bit tricky here, correct me if I am wrong here but if you have a property that you list on Airbnb and Booking.com you MUST NOT put them at the same price because you WILL NOT get the same amount of money. I will explain:
Let's say you charge 31 Euros per night.
31 Euros x 2 Nights= 62 Euros minus 3% (commision to Airbnb*) = 60.14 Euros. (the customer sees 72 Euros because of his 10 Euros fees to Airbnb)
31 Euros x 2 Nights= 62 Euros minus 15% (commission to Booking.com) = 52.70 Euros. (the customer sees 62 Euros but YOU GET MUCH LESS)
What you need to do on Booking is:
35 Euros x 2 Nights = 70 Euros minus 15% = 59.5 Euros (now it is more or less like Airbnb and customer see the same price)
* On Airbnb if the guest orders 2 nights he will NOT pay 31x2=62. He will pay 31x2 + 10=72 Eur because Airbnb would charge him 10 Euros fees. (16%)
On Bookin.com the customer would pay only 62 Euros.
So for the customer it's worth it to order on Booking.com. But what about the seller? will he get the same amount of money if he sets up 31 Euros per night in both platforms? The answer is NO!
Majority of the fees on Airbnb is rolled onto the customer side (16%) whereas the majority of the fees on Booking.com are taken from the shown price per night and from the total amount you have received as a seller. So if you want to get the same amount of money you MUST NOT write the same price on both platforms but a HIGHER PRICE on Booking.com.
By the way as you can there are no miracles here from the point of view of the platforms they are getting more or less the same amount of money the only difference is from WHOM - Booking will get 15% from the seller and Airbnb would get 16% from the BUYER + 3 % from the seller total of 19%..
What do you say guys?
Hi, I would like to join this question and topic. Our problem is that we are from Eastern Europe and we have tried to find some liability insurance and the insurance company specifically told us that they do not have liability insurance policy for cases like Booking.com and Airbnb and they don't agree to insure for this activity. Therefore we are currently in a position that we don't have any protection from Booking.com in case of injury of one of our guests on our property. Is there anything like the 1M $ liability protection insurance that Airbnb is giving?