3 things you need to know about the Traveller Review Awards
The Traveller Review Awards are being announced soon. To make sure you are ready check out these commonly asked questions answers:
1. What are the Traveller Review Awards all about? The Traveller Review Awards are part of an annual appreciation programme that recognises our partners for their exceptional hospitality, as demonstrated by the review scores that travellers leave after their stay or experience.
In January 2021, we’ll launch the Traveller Review Awards 2021, the ninth edition of the Awards – and we’re excited to announce that, for the first time ever, more than one million of you, our partners, have won an Award.
2. Am I eligible for an Award? To be a winner in the Traveller Review Awards 2021, on 1 December 2020 you need to have had:
- An average review score of between 8 and 10 (see below to find out how this score is calculated)
- At least three reviews left by Booking.com travellers
3. How is my Award score calculated? Your review score for the Traveller Review Awards 2021 is based on the average score of all your guest reviews published on our website and app between 1 August 2018 and 30 November 2020.
To make this calculation, we used your review scores as they were on 1 December 2020. That means that if you checked your score on another date, it may have been slightly higher or lower than the one we’ve used to determine whether you’re a winner in the Traveller Review Awards 2021.
We introduced a new guest review system in August 2019, and we made further changes to it in August 2020. We’ve calculated your review score for the Traveller Review Awards 2021 based on reviews you received using both the old and new systems.
Have more questions? Have a look at our FAQ.
NOTE: if you want others to find your posts about Traveller Review Awards quicker, please don’t forget to use our special hashtag #TravellerReviewAwards2021 (you can find it in the list of hashtags when you start a conversation).