Corona Virus Cancelations
I was wandering if anyone had to cancel bookings due to corona outbreak. Our property is in center of Belgrade, and situation is escalating every hour. I have a reservation coming next Friday, staying 10 days, but how the things look like borders might be closed and quarantine is about to be enforced. I would like to avoid the situation to allow guests to come and than make them stuck in our country for who knows how long, cause I assume it would be a nightmare for them. Does anyone has experience with this?
Thanks in advance
First view the travel restrictions on the daily topic.
1. Primary, bookmark and monitor daily.
2. Important information regarding coronavirus (March 10, 2020)
Second message the guest give them a chance to decide themselves.
I made the decision to cancel a March 14 booking with us, four days before a couple from Brazil were to have arrived at our home. They flew to the USA on March 9, when many infected airline passengers were carrying the deadly virus.
The Booking,com telephone agent was very helpful and understanding. The agent asked if I could message the couple with the names and telephone numbers of the nearby hotels where they could stay instead.
The couple nor I were charged a penalty fee for the March 14 cancelation.
The problem was, the Brazilian couple only speaks Portuguese and not English. I was able to translate my cancelation message using Google's online English-to-Portuguese free web service.
This was my first guest cancelation, since I started to rent my California, USA home's downstairs guestrooms in June 2018.
My wife and I were looking forward to meeting this couple. But we are older people (ages 64 and 69), who are prone to getting sick easier.
wow that agent needs a wake up call.
They should at that point in time have only cancelled, and not tried to pass the buck and infection to another partner, thats just disgusting.
Remember this was 4months ago.