Create your own short term accommodation flatform, what elements would you add ? (pretend you have lots of money )
Here are mine from a host situation
- I like the intranet of booking.com, its simple to use and it gives very good insights.
- I like the review process from Airbnb, you can respond to all guests once they review you.
- I like Expedia has an app that picks up all major events in your city/area.
- I like if we could get sms messages to our phone regarding all reservations.
- All guests have to give an arrival time or the booking won't go through.
- Guests who are rude, disruptive should be as to be moved, and host does not have to pay the cost of relocation.
- If you are a bold guest, you are off after 3 bad reviews
- Airbnb have really good customer service, they say thank you for being a superhost for 3 years, we appreciate that, ok so they are told to say that but its nice.
- A clear set of rules so that hosts and representatives are on the same wave length.
- If you are a good host and a good ambassador, you should get a reward, Airbnb gives you vouchers, which are good.
- Airbnb have free photographers that go to your home and take pictures, great service but not available everywhere.
- A site that is not a blank template but you are allowed to describe your own description.
For guests :
- A small video of the property to support the photographs.
- A clear definition of your property type, I get called a hotel all the time/
- Expedia have a button you click if you are doing any work in the house in case the guest wants peace and quiet
- Speed of wifi should be listed
- If children are staying, vetting of staff, document to proof all staff are vetted by the local police force, especially for small property where you share all amenities.
- Disclose you bed type, I went to a hotel recently, asked for a family room and 3 beds were fold up, my eldest fell through on to the floor, he is 12 and pretty skinny.
Ok, can't think of anything else