Solving problems with guests - best strategy
How do you deal with misbehaving guests at your property.
Most common problems we have at our B&B are:
1. Guests who bother other guests, either by loud music, or loud talk/argument, or, on the contrary are trying to knock doors of other rooms asking the other tenants to be quiet etc
2. Leave to much mess both in their room and in the public areas,inappropriately use showers and toilet
3. Harassing of staff of workers at the site with inappropriate and rude questions(usual with racist or xenophobic context), particularly targeting minorities.
4. Very particular problem with bicycle owners who insist on keeping bicycle at the room, and dont trust the bicycle parking we provide.
5. Inappropriate demands like demanding TV in the room which was rented with discount rate with no TV, demanding that services which are listed as paid would be provided for free. Demanding services which aren't provided by definition. Confusing the approval rating and hotel category, and expecting the accommodation with high approval rating to have 5 star amenities.
6. Changing room decoration, moving furniture
7. In pet friendly places like ours-some people either feel offended when we change extra for pets, or trying to smuggle the pet into the room without paying
8. Braking the obvious rules like smoking in non smoking rooms, etc
I am sure most accommodation owners here had similar problems and may be some others(please list)
How do you deal with it?
1. Client is a king, tolerate anything and everything, let them handle relations with each other
2. Make polite warning, apologize for having to say it, let go if misbehavior continues.
3. Simply charge extra for each episode.
4. Be firm to the point of threatening to cancel a booking
5. Evicting unruly guests
Any conflict with guests, even if guest is 100% wrong, is a risk that guest might write bad revue, eventually dragging down approvual rating...
Please share your experience