From your feedback | Invalid Credit Cards
Thanks for all your feedback on invalid credit cards here in the Forum.
We shared your feedback with our product teams, and as a result they have made some changes.
Considering that 46% of customers whose credit cards failed end up staying, our product teams were tasked with finding solutions that didn't mean blocking reservations but could make the process easier.
Here’s an overview of what has changed:
- Shorter time frames: Guests now have 24 hours – and just one attempt – to update their credit card details. If a guest doesn’t update their details within this time, or provides invalid details once again, you can cancel the booking straight away.
- Last-minute bookings: those made with invalid credit card details can now be cancelled from 3pm onwards on the day of arrival.
- A quick and easy process: To report an invalid card, you now only need to enter the last four digits. Guests are then notified via email, SMS and the Booking.com app to encourage immediate action.
- A clear overview: We’ve also improved the reservations tab in your extranet. The previous ‘invalid credit card’ status has been split into two: ‘pending credit card’ and ‘ready to cancel’.
- Communication: you’ll receive a daily email digest of reservations with updated or pending credit card details. It’s a clear overview, at the very first glance.
Want more info? You’ll find an updated how-to guide on reporting invalid credit card details here in Partner Help.
Still have questions? Comment below and we will share them with our Product Team.