Virtual Credit Card problems
We have working with Booking.com for over 5 years and the Customer Service has provided FIVE STAR SERVICE consistently. Every question has been resolved patiently in one call!
However, a word of caution to other property owners: Customer Service is not well informed about VIRTUAL CREDIT CARDS. We tried the Virtual Credit Card for the first time a couple months ago and had problems for a month trying to process the first one after the guest arrived, and the problem continued after the guest left. It is NOW RESOLVED. I discovered in the Partner Forum that Booking.com has been having these issues for over a year.
- At first when the guest arrived, we just received the message we were not authorized to process.
- We waited until the guest left.
- Customer Service said it was a problem at our Credit Card Processing company.
- We found we needed the card holder name to process the Virtual Credit Card.
- Customer Service first said it was a problem at our processing company and that the name was not necessary; however, we could not proceed without the name.
- We work with LittleHotelier/Siteminder Channel Manager and their Stripe.com world-wide credit card processing service; they tried another method to process the card without the name.
- Then we needed the Zip Code to process it.
- I have read others’ notes that the Virtual Credit Card does not work with PayPal either.
- Booking.com said to change our settings to receive a Bank Transfer instead.
- We changed the settings and received the Bank Transfer with direct deposit a month later.
- We no longer accept Virtual Credit Cards and returned to processing payments with the card information and CVC number Booking.com supplies us.
- If you cannot process without card present, I read you will need to do the Direct Deposit.
- Waiting a month after the guest leaves, is simply too long for us.
- I thought I was the only person with a problem until I read the year long thread in Partner Forum.
- My guess it that Large Hotels do not have a problem with virtual credit cards.
- If you are a small hotel like us, and have a problem with processing your first Virtual Credit Card, do not waste time; switch to Direct Deposit right away. At least you will have your money in about a month.
- I hope Booking.com does more research on their Virtual Credit Cards, so that Customer Service can have better informed answers about these ongoing issues to resolve then more quickly for the next person.