Budapest Real Estate Entrepreneur
Is Booking.com really worth it? I have had over 300 guests via AirBnB and the Booking.com experience has been so far very disappointing. Let me list the problems.
1. No ability to review guests or get an inaccurate bad review removed.
2. The Booking.com calendar does not synchronize in real time with other calendars.
3. No instant messaging.
4. One month delay in payments.
5. New properties are put at the tail end of the search results. It takes forever to get established if you are already doing a thriving business on other sites like AirBnB.
6. Partner support is pretty much a pack of drones that simply repeat Booking.com policy. In contrast, I have had conversations with AirBnB support where they actually listened and even acknowledged problems.
7. The Booking.com interface sucks and does not integrate well with many web browsers.
My properties are top notch. Here is one example: https://freshome.com/2014/09/19/tastefully-renovated-19th-century-apart….
Booking.com does have a more affluent customer base than AirBnB. It also a better rating system (1-10 sharply reduces grade inflation). But the disadvantages are not insignificant. Support is weak, management arrogant, the interface is an embarrassment for a company of this size, partners are always sacrificed in favor of guests, payment is ridiculously slow ....
IT SHOULD NOT BE THIS HARD.