How can I get the transfer if I'm don't have Social Security Number?

Hey Everyone:

Greetings. I'm an exchange student visitor to US. I want to sublet my house rent in the US on Booking, however, it said I'll need to enter the social security number to identify myself in order to get the transfer from Booking. Unluckily I don't have a social security number, I wonder is there any other way to identify myself (e.g., using my passport) so that I could get transfer?

Thanks in advance for the reply.


BrookAve 4 years ago

Strange I didn't know that was a thing in the USA.


Yeah there really should be an alternative option.


Are you choosing property type as HomeStay as that is what I would choose


Did you contact support directly and find a workaround?.