How to stand out to mobile bookers? 3 important takeaways
As travel starts to return, I’m sure we can all agree that we’ve been eagerly planning for our next trip, looking for new travel inspiration and wishlisting properties all easily done through our phone. Did you know that over a million wishlists have been made since last March and over half of all bookings on Booking.com are made on a mobile device?
It’s becoming more important to stand out to mobile bookers and our tips below can show you how:
- Make sure your photos are optimised for mobile devices. The higher the photo resolution, the better. The minimum recommended size for uploading is 1280 x 900 (1.15 Megapixels) which most smartphones can take nowadays. Why not use the Pulse app to easily update your photos.
- It’s very easy for guests to filter out properties through the Booking.com app. If you haven’t already, make sure your Facilities & Services and Room Amenities are correctly selected so that your property shows up for the right guest. The Pulse app can be handy in helping you update your Top facilities.
- Let your property stand out to these bookers with a special “Mobile deal” tag and added visibility on our app and mobile site, by loading a mobile only rate. You remain in control by choosing the discount % and by selecting up to 30 blockout dates. Follow these steps to easily activate.
- Read through our article if you’re curious about how well a Mobile Rate can work for you.
- If you’re targeting mobile bookers, why not look at some other targeted rates such as Country Rates to help you remain attractive to domestic bookers and prepare you for when international travel returns.
It also stacks with some other discounts too :
To view in a browser tab , right click and choose open in other tab.
Then in that tab you can zoom in
Dear Ms. Shirley, I have also registered an accommodation with Booking. I and my dear wife also love to go on vacation. The reason why we did not drive in 2020 is that there was no infrastructure whatsoever in the area of the accommodation. I mean restaurants, museums, theaters, exhibitions, etc. Even if we strictly adhere to the corona test, vaccination and hygienic regulations. I don't make a long journey to sit in front of the TV at my destination during my vacation. I am very happy to receive your feedback! Comfortable room located in the first district Paul, general director
Thanks Shirley for informing us...
The problem with most promotions is that they stack...
I think it’s best to create one promotion at a time and if it works keep it....if not try another one...
Wish I could comment But I do not get ANY bookings by mobile devices, only through BDC website............its Brilliant, but if it works for your business GO FOR IT !!!
Lucky you Michael...
I dont get any reservations at all....with covid in red nobody travels...hope in the Summertime things will change...