Smart lock - How to setup code and advise Guest to self check-in
How can I add a door code for a new Guest and inform them of it.?
Example : Yale Keyless Lock
- Automatic Message Template - New reservations
- Update your auto message template for new reservations to state you will send a door code prior to their arrival, e.g. 2 days prior or with in an hour for last minute etc
- Include a YouTube private link to a how to use lock guide.
- Easy to make using your smart phone camera
- Reservation Details - Extranet
Note the last 4 digits of the reservation / booking number.
- Manage Lock Codes by Smart Phone
- Open the 'Smart Things Classic ' app,
- Tap on Smart Locks, and then 'Lock Codes'
- Tap Add a lock code
- Enter Who will be using code as "BdC Dec 24th 1N Santa"
- Tap and assign the code to lock, choosing which smart lock you want to apply the code to.
- Now enter the last 4 - 6 digits of the booking number.
- Tap OK to create.
- Using the photos section you can also add a photo of where the lock is located so they are not standing out side the wrong door, or if it is a porch with outside and inside doors, and the lock is on the inside door and not the outside one.
Remember this lock requires the user to wake the lock by touch, then enter the code and also at end press * (star).
Send a reminder with the video short URL and their personal code at least 48 hours or 2 - 3 days prior to arrival.
Remember not everyone is tech savvy, hence why the video is very handy to see. and sending the info days prior gives them time to view and have their ducks in a row so that they don't turn up at night late , phone battery depleted, and have not written down their down code.
Even if you are not at home, pairing with a z-wave 2 module and Samsung smart things hub,
allows you to receive bookings via pulse app and then in less than 3 minutes,
create a door code and send the guest a message with the info to self check- in.