Profile picture for user s

a warning for Brits in Europe.

Remember if you are relying on your European health card for medical cover it only covers you for costs in social security hospitals not private hospitals so if you have to go to hospital do not let the ambulance drivers take you to a private hospital. There is nothing wrong with social security hospitals in Spain and in my opinion and use they are on par and at times better than the NHS. If you end up in a private hospital you may run up a huge bill which you are not covered for under your travel insurance, in emergencies call 112 they have English speaking operators. Just say “habla Ingles?” When you can, call your travel insurers and inform them before any costs are run up, Finally when you buy your travel cover always tell the insurers of any pre-existing or previous illnesses, accidents, It is a material fact to tell them, if you are not sure ask them what they need to know, if you don't you may not be covered and you will have to pay yourself.
If you need help when you stay with us we will always help so speak to us first, there are 3 large hospitals with A&E within 10 minutes of the apartment. We also have a Doctors surgery 3 minutes away who will see you as long as you have your card.
What happens with Brexit no one knows so this is pre Brexit information and may change after Brexit.
Neil, Jan 2019

Profile picture for user l
Laura, Communi… 4 years ago

Good call out!

This is helpful for all of your fellow European property owners who have guests coming from the UK, not just the ones located in Spain. Thanks for sharing this Neil!

Happy posting,