3 ways to avoid disputing an invoice
My name is Janita and I am an Account Advisor for Booking.com, here today to talk about avoiding the need to dispute an invoice.
Do you find yourself checking your reservation statements when the monthly invoice comes in and regularly needing to dispute commission charges that are incorrect? We have put together three simple ways to avoid needing to dispute and ensure an accurate invoice first time.
- Date changes from guests before check-in
- If a guest contacts you to change their booking, you can tell them to do it through either their confirmation email or Booking.com profile.
- In some circumstances, you can also make changes on their behalf - follow this link for more information
- Date changes after check-in
- You can modify all bookings (including prices and length of stay) on or after the check-in date through the Extranet’s Reservations tab by following these steps:
a) Click the reservation number or guest name.
b) Select an option from the menu on the right side of the screen, under Update this reservation.
- Mark guest as no show
- It’s easy to mark a reservation as a no-show on the Extranet. Just look at the steps below:
a) Click the Extranet’s Reservations and select a specific reservation number
b) Click Mark as no-show on the right-hand side of the page
c) The reservation will be marked as canceled, and both you and the guest will receive a confirmation email.
Remember to make any necessary changes to the reservation within 48 hours of guest check-out via the Reservations tab.