Business Tip: Attract more bookings through child rates
Hi Everyone! My name is Tiffany and I am one of the Account Advisors writing to you from Sydney, Australia.
In this week’s business tip, I wanted to share with you how you can set up a Child Rate to better target families.
Recently, we updated how the maximum occupancy of total guests can be configured. Now partners are able to indicate the maximum number of adults and children per room. This allows you to set pricing by child age per room, meaning that you are able to better target families at more competitive rates. You can set up your child policies in just a few easy steps in the Booking.com Extranet
To set up child rates, log into your Extranet:
- Go to the ‘Property’ tab and click on ‘Policies’.
- In the ‘Children & extra beds’ section, click on ‘Edit’ under ‘Children policies and rates’ in order to adjust the following:
- the number of children that can stay in existing beds (i.e. beds already present in your rooms, not extra beds or cots)
- any child rate you charge based on different age ranges, or if children can stay for free
- Review your policies in the preview section, you will also be able to see the occupancy you have set
- Select ‘Save’ when you’re done.
Do you have any tips for welcoming families to your property? Share more with other partners in the comments below!