Introducing your guide to a stronger summer season

We’re sharing data-backed insights about travellers searching and booking on our platform, and solutions to help you meet these travellers’ unique needs. Find out how you can leverage these insights to attract new demand.

Get started

1

Cancellation policies

I have received recommendations regarding cancellation policies. Unfortunately I do not understand very much. I currently charge 30% of the total consideration at the time of booking. This deposit is non-refundable. I then charge the remaining 70% earliest 30 days before arrival. Once charged, this payment is also non-refundable.

Will this policy be allowed in the future or how would I need to change it?

Kind regards

Johan Lantz

 

 


11
BrookAve

 

 

Hi

 What you have described is a non refunadble rate.

 

So your rate plan should be set this way too, and set the cancel policy based on the options provided.

 

Sometimes these options may not offer identical to what you did before using BdC as an OTA.

 

As for prepay a partial rate in advance, this should be declared in the fine print, and the new reservation message template at the top.

 

If a guest fails to prepay the 30% with in x days (minimum 24h), you can cancel and free up the room.

 

Note if a guest prepays the 30% but never shows or requests cancelation , and asks for a refund, you will need to mention that policy in the message template too.