Extra guest amenities
Extra things we provide our guests:
- 12-cup coffee maker, coffee beans in a large glass jar, bean grinder, sugar and cream.
- Free snack tray of packaged pastries and granola bars.
- Free 17-ounce bottles of water.
- Paper coffee cups, with plastic lids, for departing guests to take their coffee on their drive home.
- Free Wi-Fi in our home for Internet connection.
- Small bars of unscented soap that are individually wrapped for shower and bathroom sink. Guests find this more sanitary than a large soap bar used by several previous guests.
- Family board games and playing cards, if guests wish to stay indoors and entertain themselves. We have a folding card table and folding chairs for guests to play card and board games.
- Bathroom: large bottles of shampoo and body wash in shower, hair dryer, box of tissues, dental floss, extra toilet-paper rolls, air-freshener spray, and hand lotion.
- Plastic writing pens and small 25-page notepads that have our website, telephone number and e-mail address.
- Box of tissues in bathroom and in each bedroom.
- Framed wall map of our area. This helps guests plan their day’s adventures.
- Large rack of take-away brochures of regional tourist sites. Our local tourism office gives us these brochures for free.
- Dining plates and bowls, utensils, glasses, coffee mugs, paper napkins, wine bottle opener, and salt and pepper shakers. We provide a small microwave oven and mini-refrigerator with small freezer. Guests may not use our upstairs private kitchen to cook or store food.
- Folding lawn chairs for guests to borrow for local outdoor concerts.
- Take-away lists of area restaurants (including addresses and phone numbers for dining reservations) and fun things to see and do in our mountain region.
- Guestbook for departing guests to leave their written comments.
- Each bedroom and the TV lounge have a large clock to remind guests of their 11 a.m. check-out time.
- We give each arriving guest our business card that has our street address and telephone numbers. This helps them return to their guestrooms after their day or night’s adventures, if they become lost.
Our Northern California guestrooms website is: www.MeadowsLair.com