How To - Cancellation Handling
How To - Cancellation Handling
Alternative Titles :
- How To Cancel a Guest Reservation.
- How can I cancel a reservation but Guest is not responding to messages or answering their phone.
- How To cancel a reservation last minute or too close to arrival date.
- How can I cancel a reservation that appears to be fake or fraud.
- How can I cancel an existing reservation in progress due to guest breaking house rules
NOTE: Never ever post a cancellation request here on the Partner Hub Forum. It is utterly pointless as no one will see it and no action will be taken.
BdC = Booking dot Com
There are 3 main scenarios with cancellations and a preferred method,
- Guest initiated cancellation [PREFERRED METHOD]
- If the Guest contacts you, by phone, SMS, email, always insist they cancel via their Booking.com Account portal.
- You can also point out they can contact Customer Service to do it too.
- This is very important as it literally covers you in a dispute later.
- Once the process is started, You will receive a system notification
- Partner Initiated via Reservation Details Page
- Open the Reservation Details Page
- On Right Pane, click Request Cancellation. If greyed out Contact Partner Support
- Two options presented.
- Typically Option 1 is for failure to prepay within time limit.
- Option 2 is then for everything else.
- This triggers a notification to be sent to Guest. Then Guest must click a link to action confirmation.
- If Guest never responds or chooses to decline, then you have no choice but to Contact Partner Support.
- If time sensitive, do not wait after using this, Contact Partner Support.
- Partner Support (Partner Services)
- A relocation invoice is generally issued by BdC when the Guest refuses to accept cancellation.
- When a guest is not contactable and all you can do is send a Extranet Message.
Reasons you may need to cancel :
- Previous Guest Damage
- Guest failed to prepay deposit
- Guest failed to prepay partial or full rate directly or via Partners' payment service provider method, with in the time limit of X number of days. or X hours for last minute.
- Unscheduled Maintenance - water leak
- Scheduled Maintenance
- Overbooking / double booking - Root Cause : Not using a channel manager service
- Sickness outbreak : COVID19, or other sickness by Staff.
- A repeat Guest who previously caused damaged but you did not Report Guest and block future bookings.
- A repeat Guest who was doing illegal activities in property.
- the list goes on... etc.
Sometimes it actually may be worth offering the overbooked Guest alternatives, to encourage an amicable outcome.
Such as direct booking offer for :
- a free night if booking 3 or more nights;
- 3 for 2 nights
- Free meal
- alternative dates
- Be Creative
If needed, Simply report to BdC Partner Support , see below 3 methods. They will never see any post on the Partner Hub.
Message or Call BdC Partner Support
- In the extranet, go to the ‘Inbox’ tab.
- Select ‘Booking.com messages’.
- Right Pane - Click on ‘See Contact Options’.
- Choose Account
- Now choose Other
- Then at bottom , See all contact options, and click Message or Call
- As there is no one number for all partners, the number for your nearest BdC Partner Support is then revealed.
*** public main lines via Where you can reach us