My 10 tips that have saved me!!!
I would like to share my 10 tips that helped me since I started hosting two years ago:
- White sheets - I love colours so I bought sheets with nice and warm colours but also solid White ones. I was very sad when my guests almost ruined my brand new coloured sheets... White sheets are here to stay... too easy to clean with personal care products such as white vinegar and baking soda.... White sheets assure guests that the bed is clean and fresh. White is luxury in simplicity.
- Don’t Buy Cheap Sheets and Towels - They won’t last more than a couple of weeks before they start to pill. Buy best quality during sales....Egyptian cotton sheets are more durable and feel cooler to sleep on. Egyptian cotton towels are soft and more absorbent.
- Use Message Templates. - I used to write each guest a personal note when they booked. I saved myself a lot of trouble by using message templates and just formatting key parts to match the reservation.
- Always Follow Up & Review Immediately. I’ve gotten much better results by contacting guests immediately after they leave to tell them how great they were.
- Meet and Greet in person –Some may prefer self-check-in but I think most guests highly appreciate a warm welcome. Meet and greet makes guests feel special, and it’s an opportunity for them to ask any questions they may have about the property or the area. Show them around the property and make them feel at home.
- Never Get Angry – Sometimes guests can be rude...Calmly handle your guests, be firm, tell them what you expect, apologize if it’s something you did, even if that’s unfair. They might not be right but they are the customers. With kindness, bad guests can turn into good ones.
- Forbid Early Check-In - If guests shows up at 11 a.m. and check-in time is 2 p.m., please don’t be upset if your accommodation isn’t ready. Kindly explain to them that you can’t make the housekeeper go any faster... and you don’t want them to rush... Of course I offer to hold their bags for them as an alternative.
- Make A List Routine - It is so easy to forget things as you are cleaning up and preparing the property. In my iphone notes I have a list of things to-do in the bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, dining room, verandas etc. and go through the check-list again and again. It really puts my mind at ease being able to look back at the completed list and know for sure everything was done.
- Always Ask for Advice - My guests have given me ideas for great new features and how to improve my property, since many of them have more experience in travelling than me. (Actually, thanks to recomendation made by my guests, we finaly have wifi connection since we live in an area without internet network). It’s a great way to avoid issues, add value, and show guests you care.
- Professional Photography - Pictures are very important for your listing, so take clear and realistic pictures as a professional.... if you cannot afford one, like me. I found helpful tips in.... step-by-step visual guide, and don’t forget the first eight pictures make the difference.
Every little detail makes the difference....
Please, share with us your experience.