Ring Video Doorbell 2 - for Front, Porch, Back, Side doors and gates
I have had ring.com [Amazon owned] products going on 2+ years now, long before I started my short term rentals.
I use mine in combination with Amazon Alexa, Echo Show, Echo Show 5, Echo plus; and Blink Cameras [Amazon owned ]
- Managing a Remote Property ? Managing multiple properties? No Problem You can have multiple of these units along with its other eco system products all in the one wireless network, along with the smart phone app. You can even manage multiple locations are their own Ring Device Networks in one single app.
- Motion & Button Press Push Notifications Direct to the smart app on your and multiple devices. Out shopping or on holidays ? Quickly speak to Guests to resolve questions or awkward guests not reading their check-in instructions,
- STAFF & Family Easily add multiple additional users. to receive notifications and or manage devices. Battery levels push notification of charged near depleted to remind replace with additional pack.
- Eco System & Accessories Accessories for wired power and backup options like battery pack, or solar panel, Sign with Solar Panel built in. Chime plugin devices, Pro edition has Wi-Fi features to garden wall devices or extend Wi-Fi signal. Solar Charger backplane mount - the mounting backplate has a solar connector, in combination with the internal battery.
- Location & feasible Installation points You can literally mount it anywhere. Such as Drive way gates, footpath gated entrance; side gates; every external door; garage door.
The Ring Video Doorbell 2
It originally started out on Tv as Dragons Den participant. or Shark Tank I think its called in the USA.
I also bought 2 additional battery packs and a 3rd party charging station device .
I did try out the solar charger backplate, not always sunny Ireland, found it was not good for long periods of bad weather.
I then discovered 3rd party wired power solutions on amazon.co.uk.
I have two of the Ring Chimes along with a Chime Plus (has its own WiFi, or can be used to boost and extend your own WiFi.
- Doorbell - with video intercom
- Surveillance with motion detector
- Neighborhood Watch Group feature
- Cloud based storage - 30 days.*
*Service may change in future or vary based on Protect Plan subscription.
Subscription & Plans
The basic plan can support a single ring.com device, more than one requires the unlimited devices plan. Can be paid monthly or annually.
Don't miss a thing with Ring Protect
Get even more out of your Ring devices every day with Protect, a comprehensive service that activates video recording and photo capture for doorbells and cameras at a low price.
It lets you review the moments you missed so you can share important ones with those who matter most. And that’s just the start. Think of it as protection at your side all the time. Plus, you’ll have the first 30 days on us with a free trial.
Video Recording and Photo Capture
Record your videos and capture photos to review, save, and share the moments you missed for up to 30 days.
Choose a plan that works for you. Cover one device with Protect Basic for €3/month, or your entire home with Protect Plus for €10/month.
Extend the warranty on all your devices at home with a Protect Plus subscription.