Stay informed with the latest travel insights, analysis and expertise.
The latest Booking.com developments relevant to your business, while showcasing the great work you do.
Connect online with fellow Booking.com partners for the best tips and advice.
All you need to know to succeed as a Booking.com partner.
Looking for expert advice on making the right decisions for your property? Explore our solutions designed to help you achieve your ambitions.
Find out how to get set up, and read about our services and features.
what you mention about guest leaving the pet hidden in the car sounds to me like some guest does with us...
We offer flats (3 bedrooms) with full capacity for 6 or 7 ppl and the prices are build from 2 to 7 with base price for 2 and additional 25 euros / guest / night.
Link to it, some book for example for 3 ppl... 1 comes to collect the keys ... and few minutes or hours later you see 5ppl for example staying the whole night in the unit...
How creative are some to get more for less money ?
if many local hosting place near by you allowed pets you may get only few but if most of the local hosting places refuse to host pets you are quite in a short list and may have more bookings link to it.
Dear Innkeeper, may I ask you why you decide to charge everyone an amount when as we do (pet is free of charge) we ask a security deposit and release if we see no damage or bad behaviors. In that way obviously everyone is ask for a security deposit (but also do not pay an extra charge) but it is only release to the nice once and for the bad ones you just take few pictures and keep the deposit accordingly or give back half of it or ... accordingly to the issue and damage.
so far we got enought booking with pets that went well in order to still accept them. Nevertheless over maybe 20 booking with pets 2 of them did not go that well. one was with a cat that we could not remove from the bed (as we were doing the room and changing the bedsheets) till we call the owner ... that cat also left his nail on the chaise longue. Just a bit but still.
And 1 dog once pie on the bed and we had to clean the whole bed (linen, duvet as well) and lucky us did not reach the matress.All in all we still want to accept them as we look to the 90% that go smooth but have to remember that is a risk and 10% do not go that smooth.
I also want to tell that we are talking about pets but sometimes some kids or even adults can be worst.
Their is no way to know if the pet was in the room or not except if we add cameras in the rooms ... lol
What is sure is that if we go to clean the room and see the cat on the bed (long stay) or a pie of a pet on the bed next morning the pet was or is in the bedroom ... even if you have lemon to clean you will not like it and I do not talk if you have just change to brand new matress ...
The pets lose a lot of hairs ... so when you clean you will see it anyway. May be too late as the guest already checkout but if he comes back you know what to expect with that someone and let him know.
Then you can either decline his next booking or as you know what happen already ask him for an extra charge even if normaly you do not do it ... it is also why for pets we advertise as charges may apply ... so it give us the way to not charge anything, charge a unacceptable amount if it is a pitbull (way to say no and cancel) or a small amount if we saw already issues (if small behaviors) with that guest with previous bookings.
We also accept pets but under some conditions and it is why we do not define ourselves as pets friendly but open to host them.
1) we do not charge for the pet
2) dangerous dogs like pit bull, rottweiler, german shepperd, doberman ... are not allowed (too risky and make our job harder if we have to access the unit to clean or ...)
3) the pet can be in the living room, bathroom ... but obviously not on the top of the chaise long or bed and is not allowed inside the bedrooms (wood floor) and for respect to the next guest even if we clean you can allways still get some smell or whatever...
4) ask for security deposit and if he pie on the matress or ... will keep the deposit for extra cleaning ...
On a reservation point of view we notice a boost as in town many other accommodations (hotels, pensions, flats) do not accept them.
So far we have not decide to charge for them but 10 euros may help us as well ... still thinking to charge or not ...
and I forgot to say that the guest that complain about the cold is the same without socks on his feets and without shoes ... or another one with the tong shoes ... Let say that walking arround the flat the whole day in underwear in winter may not be the best idea as well
I was expecting a more constructive or clever feedback ... if I have to consider 400 Euros / month to warm it is what I get from the bookings... on top of remembering you that we use coal and we have to manually add coal and clean daily the ash...
The idea of the electrical blanket is quite good but knowing Spain if the essential water that drink the guest on the bed fall on the blanket and he died I will get a lucky full pension entrance to the jail for life.
I will not complain too much as it will fix 2 things:
1) you finaly get off the guest (the one that troll you with the cold)2) I will be warm in winter and fresh in summer and everything include (full pension) in the Jail (food and drinks for free for life)Nevertheless we do prewarm 2hours before checkin ... we do have the portable heater with wheels (the 3000W unit with gas) ... And I forgot to say that the duvets are all with more than 400gr / m2 ... and the last one that we purchase is 500gr / m2Even without the heater, the windows open, without the electrical blanket these weight of feather is more than enough to keep someone warm (if healthy of course). I would like to remember that we are not a hospital, kids pension or 3rd age pension.
and we also know that the heater are normally switch off when sleeping time (23 to 8) to say something ... and this happen in many places.
So to get a guest complain about the cold at 6am because i just came back from his night shift is just a troll