As we start to see travel slowly picking up again, we’ve put together the most important resources and advice to help you turn demand into bookings, safely and confidently. Here you’ll find the newest insights and initiatives.
Join the #Rebuilding conversation in the Partner Community
Find out how to get set up, and read about our services and features.
All of our best solutions, organised by your business needs.
Connect online with fellow Booking.com partners.
Find tips and advice to help you through this time with the hashtag #Rebuilding
Stay informed with the latest Booking.com developments, industry insights and expertise
Growing Together is our ongoing promise to build a stronger era of partnership. Explore our new commitments and the progress we’ve made on our previous ones.
I added a channel manager last year and it really changed my life. Nevertheless, there are few things I would have been happy to know before starting.
There are few parameters you should check first.
- Contact your PMS to know if they are connected to the channel manager before signing any contract with a channel manager. Your PMS may have a list of recommended channel managers. If you need any development in the future or even if you have issues in the mapping or rates, it is very important that they have worked together in the past.
- The price is an important factor. But not that much important actually, if you consider the time you will save with a channel manager, it worths spending money in this tool.
- Re your property's website, you need to check that your channel manager supports your direct booking engine. It maybe my big mistake. Both companies were not very connected and I had hard time to be in the middle of tech guys.
- I work with SiteMinder. It is relatively easy to use and to set. The only drawback with this company is their customer support service. When they cannot find a solution to your problem with you on the phone, they create tickets for their tech department/IT/development. They never come back to you. They never reach out to give you a solution and you have to call them many times. Very frustrating.
- Check how often the channel manager send updates to your channels: If the frequency is very low you may get over-bookings as your inventory is not updated.
Have a great day