Closing availability on rooms or units when using a channel manager
In this article, we’ll cover how to close availability using a channel manager, as well as how to deal with any potential issues that may arise.
What’s in this article
Closing a room or unit in the extranet when using a channel manager
If you’re using a channel manager to load prices and availability to the extranet, you’ll also need to close your rooms or units using their system or your own property management system (PMS).
Follow your channel manager’s specific instructions on how to close rooms or units – this will make sure that the same changes are reflected in the extranet.
Closing a room or unit in the extranet if your channel manager is down
If you’re experiencing technical issues with your channel manager, contact them first to seek assistance.
If you’re unable to reach them and need to urgently close rooms or units in the extranet, you can contact us and we’ll close them for you manually.
Make sure that you also inform your channel manager as soon as possible so they can check your connection and refresh your data.
If the issue can’t be resolved quickly, we can also temporarily close your property on our platform until your channel manager fixes the problem.
Troubleshooting why a room or unit is still open in the extranet after you closed it with your channel manager
First double-check that the change went through on your channel manager’s side. It can take up to five minutes for a change to be processed.
If the room or unit remains open in the extranet, contact your channel manager to check if the close request was actually sent. If it wasn’t, they can contact us directly to identify and resolve the issue.
Working with Connectivity Providers
- Reopening availability using your channel manager if your guest checks out early
- Making sure the extranet and your channel manager are synced
- Managing rates on your channel manager
- Closing availability on rooms or units when using a channel manager
- Setting up rooms or units on your channel manager
- I work with other OTAs, as well as Booking.com. How can I manage my availability?
- Managing your availability through your Connectivity provider
- Setting up pricing per guest through your Connectivity provider