Making sure the extranet and your channel manager are synced
It’s vital that your extranet and your channel manager are synchronised to make sure both are displaying the most up-to-date information, and avoid possible overbookings. This article explains how to fix any inconsistencies.
What’s in this article
Syncing rates in the extranet and on your channel manager
If you notice a difference between your prices in the extranet and the ones on your channel manager, here’s what to do:
- Check if you have a deal set up on that particular rate, which could be the reason for the price difference.
- If your channel manager has a refresh option on their platform, try that. It can take up to five minutes for changes to be processed and synced.
- Check if all your rooms or units and rates are mapped between the extranet and your property management system (PMS) – some may need a manual update.
If you need further assistance with this, you will need to contact your channel manager to action from their side.
Turning on email notifications for reservations made using a newly set up Genius rate
First, it’s best to check that these reservations are all for Genius rates.
It may be that a reservation hasn’t come through from your channel manager. If this is the case, please contact them directly.
If you experience this issue repeatedly, please contact our Connectivity team via your extranet inbox:
- Log in to the extranet
- Click on Inbox and select Booking.com messages from the drop-down menu
- Click on See contact options
- Select Property details as the topic and Other as the subtopic
- Click on See all contact options and then click on Message
- In the text field, explain the issue you’re having in as much detail as possible
- If you have any relevant documents, you can attach those to the message
- Click on Send message when you’re finished
Checking if you are bookable on our platform
When you log in to the extranet, you’ll see your property’s status next to its name. If it’s not Open/Bookable, please contact us via your extranet inbox following the steps above.
Otherwise, to check the status of the connection between our platform and your channel manager, follow these steps:
- Log in to the extranet
- Click on Account
- Select Connectivity provider
If everything is set up correctly and your channel manager connection is active, your status should read You currently have an active connection with, followed by the name of your channel manager. You can then follow your channel manager’s instructions on how to sync your PMS with our platform.
If you see the words Waiting for provider confirmation, your channel manager needs to finalise this from their side.
If you need more help, please contact your channel manager.
Syncing reservation details in the extranet and on your channel manager
If the number of reserved rooms or units on your PMS is different from the reservation details in the extranet, please contact your channel manager to action this from their side.
If you think your guest has made a mistake, such as selecting the wrong dates or number of rooms or units, please advise them to contact our Customer Service team.
Working with Connectivity Providers
- Reopening availability using your channel manager if your guest checks out early
- Making sure the extranet and your channel manager are synced
- Managing rates on your channel manager
- Closing availability on rooms or units when using a channel manager
- Setting up rooms or units on your channel manager
- I work with other OTAs, as well as Booking.com. How can I manage my availability?
- Managing your availability through your Connectivity provider
- Setting up Occupancy Based Pricing