Managing your availability through your Connectivity provider
Loading enough availability on our platform can help you to be visible in as many guest searches as possible, which is essential to getting more bookings. It’s good practice to have rates and availability loaded for at least the next two years – or the maximum duration allowed by your Connectivity provider – even if you plan to update them later on.
What’s in this article
Updating your availability as a connected partner
If you work with a Connectivity provider, you should always use their software to update your property’s availability on our platform. This is because the data from your provider will usually overwrite any changes you make to your availability via your Booking.com extranet or Pulse calendars.
To ensure potential guests are always seeing up-to-date information, you should adjust your rooms, rates, prices and restrictions on your Connectivity provider’s platform. If you want to close one of your rooms on Booking.com, you should also do this through your provider’s platform.
Optimising availability through availability opportunities
The right availability strategy can have a huge impact on your property’s performance on our platform. To help you get the most out of your availability, we regularly offer tailored, actionable advice – which we call ‘opportunities’ – that can help boost your property’s visibility. These opportunities are based on information like which dates rooms are open and bookable on, and the last dates for which you have rates and availability loaded.
You can see opportunities in both the Booking.com extranet and your Connectivity provider’s platform. As with updating your availability, make sure you implement opportunities via your provider’s platform and not the extranet. Read this article to learn more about maximising availability through opportunities.
Read this article if you’d like to learn more about how pricing and availability can bring your more business. To learn more about how availability can help you recover from low booking periods, check out this guide.
Working with Connectivity Providers
- Reopening availability using your channel manager if your guest checks out early
- Making sure the extranet and your channel manager are synced
- Managing rates on your channel manager
- Closing availability on rooms or units when using a channel manager
- Setting up rooms or units on your channel manager
- I work with other OTAs, as well as Booking.com. How can I manage my availability?
- Managing your availability through your Connectivity provider
- Setting up pricing per guest through your Connectivity provider
- Understanding pricing per guest models