Charging a Virtual Credit Card via your Property Management System or Channel Manager
We’ve improved our online payment process to make Virtual Credit Card (VCC) information – such as activation date, expiry date and card balance – visible on your Property Management System (PMS) and Channel Manager. This is done using our VCC Payments Clarity Package integration, helping reduce time and effort spent on managing guest payments and lessening the risk of authorisation failure.
What’s in this article
You can see VCC information in the reservations page of your PMS or Channel Manager. Check the ‘Status’ section and search for mentions of ‘Paid Online’ to access the VCC details. If your PMS or Channel Manager has our VCC Payments Clarity Package integrated, you should be able to see the following information:
- The VCC activation date – so you know when you can start charging the VCC
- The VCC current balance –so you know the exact amount you need to charge
- The VCC expiry date – so you can avoid charging an expired card
- A detailed price breakdown of all charges which includes taxes and extra fees such as cleaning, resort fees and service charges, as well as additional charges excluded from the VCC
Here’s an example of how VCC details may look on your PMS or Channel Manager if you have our VCC Payments Clarity Package integration:
If you can’t see this information in your system, please contact your PMS or Channel Manager to request the VCC Payments Clarity Package integration. They’ll need to implement it for you to access your VCC details.
If your PMS or Channel Manager doesn't have the Payments Clarity Package integration, you'll still be able to see some VCC information. Here's what it'll look like without the integration:
You can also view VCC details in the extranet. Take a look at this article to learn how to access this information.
Working with Connectivity Providers
- Reopening availability using your channel manager if your guest checks out early
- Managing rates on your channel manager
- Closing availability on rooms or units when using a channel manager
- Setting up rooms or units on your channel manager
- Managing your availability through your Connectivity provider
- Setting up pricing per guest through your Connectivity provider
- Understanding pricing per guest models