Configuring notification settings for credit card details
This article will help you set up the way you receive your guests’ information via the extranet, so you can easily manage your bookings and minimise delays with payments.
What’s in this article
Deactivating the CVC requirement
Keep in mind that requiring a card verification code (CVC) during the booking process can reduce the number of reservations you get. This is because guests generally prefer to provide as few details as possible when they’re making a booking.
If you don’t require CVCs from guests, simply contact your channel manager and let them know you no longer wish to receive them.
Understanding why you’re not receiving CVCs
There are a number of reasons this can happen. By default, your account settings aren’t configured to require CVCs. This is probably the reason you’re not receiving them if you’ve recently listed your property on our platform. If you need to change these settings, please contact us via your extranet inbox and we’ll update them for you. When you send us a message, select Property Details as the topic of your message and Property Policies (parking, internet, etc.) as the subtopic.
If you didn’t receive a CVC for a particular booking, it could be because the reservation was made using an American Express card. We don’t ask American Express card users to provide their CVC.
If your account is already set up to send you CVCs, and the reservation wasn’t made using an American Express card, please contact your channel manager. They can check to make sure that they’re passing on the CVCs they receive from us.
Turning off email notifications about credit card details
These notifications are short reminders for you to check credit card details in the extranet. If you want to switch these off, please ask your channel manager to contact our Connectivity team.
Working with Connectivity Providers
- Reopening availability using your channel manager if your guest checks out early
- Making sure the extranet and your channel manager are synced
- Managing rates on your channel manager
- Closing availability on rooms or units when using a channel manager
- Setting up rooms or units on your channel manager
- I work with other OTAs, as well as Booking.com. How can I manage my availability?
- Managing your availability through your Connectivity provider
- Setting up pricing per guest through your Connectivity provider