How and when can I charge a Virtual Credit Card (VCC) in my PMS / Channel Manager?
We recently improved our online payment process to make Virtual Credit Card information (activation date, expiry date and card balance) visible on Property Management Systems (PMS) and Channel Managers. Having visibility of this information reduces time and effort spent on managing guest payments, and reduces the risk of authorisation failure.
In order to see Virtual Credit Card information in your PMS / Channel Manager, check the reservation’s payment section for mention of Virtual Payment. If your PMS / Channel Manager has integrated our VCC Payment Clarity Package into their software, you should have clear visibility of:
The VCC Activation Date, so you know when you can start charging the VCC
The VCC Current Balance, so you know the exact amount you need to charge
The VCC Expiry Date, so you can avoid charging an expired card
A detailed price breakdown of all charges, such as taxes and extra fees (cleaning, resort fees, service charges, etc.), and extra charges which are excluded from the VCC
Below is a simplified example of how Virtual Credit Card details may appear on your PMS / Channel Manager, if your system has integrated the Booking.com VCC Payments Clarity Package.
If you are unable to see this information on your system, we recommend that you contact your PMS / Channel Manager to request the feature. Your PMS / Channel Manager will need to implement the Booking.com Payments Clarity Package in order for you to have visibility of this.
Below is a simplified example of how Virtual Credit Card details may appear on your PMS / Channel Manager if your PMS / Channel Manager has not integrated the VCC Payments Clarity Package.
You can also view the VCC details on the Booking.com Extranet, steps can be found in this article: How do I charge a Virtual Credit Card (VCC)?
Working with a Channel Manager
- How do I change or disconnect my channel manager?
- How do I finish the process of setting up my channel manager?
- I’ve set up my channel manager but I'm not bookable on Booking.com. What should I do?
- Is my channel manager connection live?
- What should I do if my channel manager and Booking.com extranet are not synced properly?
- How can I connect to a channel manager?
- What is a channel manager, and how does it help with my pricing?
- Which channel manager should I use?
- Which channel managers are ‘Premier’ and recommended to work with?
- How do I change a connectivity provider for multiple properties?
- How can I set restrictions like minimum stay on Booking.com if I use a channel manager?
- The details I received from my channel manager are showing differently to a guest’s booking. What should I do?
- I have bookings in my channel manager which aren’t showing in the Booking.com system, what should I do?
- I got an overbooking although I use a channel manager. What should I do?
- I use a channel manager but I'm not receiving emails about reservations. What should I do?
- How do I close out my availability on Booking.com if my channel manager is down?
- My guest checked out early. How can I put the unit back for sale using my channel manager?
- How do I close rooms on Booking.com if my channel manager is down?
- I’ve closed a room using my channel manager but it’s still open on Booking.com. What should I do?
- How do I close a room on Booking.com if I'm using a channel manager?
- How do I create the same room set-up on Booking.com as on my channel manager?
- How do I find the room ID when I’m mapping a new room type?
- I work with other OTAs, as well as Booking.com. How can I manage my availability?
- Maximising availability through opportunities
- Managing your availability through your Connectivity provider
- What to do if you aren’t receiving Genius email notifications
- How do I map rates to my channel manager?
- How do I change a rate on Booking.com if I’m using a channel manager?
- Can I close rates that are not connected to my channel manager?
- How to improve ranking and visibility through occupancy-based pricing
- Boost your revenue with occupancy-based pricing
- What is Occupancy Based Pricing
- How to use Solo Occupancy Rates
- I use a channel manager but I didn't receive credit card details for a reservation. What should I do?
- How can I stop credit card CVC codes being sent to me?
- I use a channel manager and I haven’t received a credit card CVC code for a reservation. What should I do?
- How and when can I charge a Virtual Credit Card (VCC) in my PMS / Channel Manager?