I use a channel manager and I haven’t received a credit card CVC code for a reservation. What should I do?
There are a number of reasons that this can happen. However, it’s often because your Booking.com account is set up to not send you the CVC (card verification code). This is especially likely if you’ve recently listed your property on our platform.
If you think your account may be set up this way, but you need to receive CVC codes for bookings in the future, please contact us via your Booking.com extranet inbox and we’ll check and update your settings for you.
When you contact us, please select ‘Property details’ as the topic of your message, and ‘Property policies (parking, internet, etc.)’ as the subtopic.
It could also be because the reservation was made using an American Express card. We don’t ask American Express card users to provide their CVC code.
If your Booking.com account is already set up to send you the CVC code, and the reservation wasn’t made using an American Express card, please contact your channel manager. They can check to make sure that they are passing on the CVC codes they receive from us.
Keep in mind that requiring CVC codes during the booking process can reduce the number of reservations you get. This is because guests generally prefer to provide as few details as possible when they’re making a booking.
Working with a Channel Manager
- How do I change or disconnect my channel manager?
- How do I finish the process of setting up my channel manager?
- I’ve set up my channel manager but I'm not bookable on Booking.com. What should I do?
- Is my channel manager connection live?
- What should I do if my channel manager and Booking.com extranet are not synced properly?
- How can I connect to a channel manager?
- What is a channel manager, and how does it help with my pricing?
- Which channel manager should I use?
- Which channel managers are ‘Premier’ and recommended to work with?
- How do I change a connectivity provider for multiple properties?
- How can I set restrictions like minimum stay on Booking.com if I use a channel manager?
- The details I received from my channel manager are showing differently to a guest’s booking. What should I do?
- I have bookings in my channel manager which aren’t showing in the Booking.com system, what should I do?
- I got an overbooking although I use a channel manager. What should I do?
- I use a channel manager but I'm not receiving emails about reservations. What should I do?
- How do I close out my availability on Booking.com if my channel manager is down?
- My guest checked out early. How can I put the unit back for sale using my channel manager?
- How do I close rooms on Booking.com if my channel manager is down?
- I’ve closed a room using my channel manager but it’s still open on Booking.com. What should I do?
- How do I close a room on Booking.com if I'm using a channel manager?
- How do I create the same room set-up on Booking.com as on my channel manager?
- How do I find the room ID when I’m mapping a new room type?
- I work with other OTAs, as well as Booking.com. How can I manage my availability?
- Maximising availability through opportunities
- Managing your availability through your Connectivity provider
- I use a channel manager but I didn't receive credit card details for a reservation. What should I do?
- How can I stop credit card CVC codes being sent to me?
- I use a channel manager and I haven’t received a credit card CVC code for a reservation. What should I do?
- How and when can I charge a Virtual Credit Card (VCC) in my PMS / Channel Manager?