How do I change or disconnect my channel manager?
Please note: If the options described below aren’t available to you, please contact us via your extranet inbox.
With our Quick Switch process, you can change to a new channel manager without having to take your property offline.
Instead of deactivating your old connection straight away, you’ll stay connected until the switch to a new provider is complete. That way you won’t miss out on any potential bookings because of the switch.
To change your channel manager, please follow these steps:
- Log in to the Booking.com extranet and click on Account' in the top right-hand corner. Select ‘Connectivity provider’ from the drop-down menu.
- Click on ‘Switch to a new channel manager’ to start the Quick Switch process to a new provider. Remember that you don’t need to deactivate your old connection.
- On the same page, you can search for and choose one of our selected providers and set up an agreement with them.
- Once you accept the agreement, your new provider will receive an email containing your details and connection request. Once they receive this, they’ll start to perform the necessary mapping and configuration. Until the switch process is complete, you’ll stay connected to your old channel manager.
- By default, the connection to your new provider will be automatically completed once they’ve confirmed everything is ready. If you’d rather complete the connection manually once your new provider has confirmed everything is ready, just select ‘Don’t connect me to the provider automatically’ and click on ‘Save’.
- If you’ve chosen to complete the connection automatically, you’ll receive a notification in the extranet inbox once this happens and the connection status will change to ‘active’. If you’ve chosen to complete the connection manually, you’ll receive an email with a link that you’ll need to click to do this. The old provider connection will then be deactivated and the new one will become active.
- Please don’t forget to work with your new provider to refresh your rates and availability on Booking.com.
To disconnect from your current provider without connecting to a new one, please follow these steps:
- Log in to the Booking.com extranet and click on ‘Account’ in the top right-hand corner. Select ‘Connectivity provider’ from the drop-down menu.
- Click on ‘Deactivate’ to cancel the connection to your current provider.
- Once the connection is deactivated, all your previous settings will be reset. You’ll be able to manually manage your ‘Rates & Availability’ and ‘Bookings’ again.
Before disconnecting or switching, it’s a good idea to check your agreement with your current provider. You may also need to cancel the connection directly with them.
If you decide later that you’d like to connect to another provider, just follow the steps in this article.
Working with a Channel Manager