Understanding the Connectivity Partner Programme
We partner with a variety of Connectivity providers, including channel managers and property management systems (PMS). We do this to make sure you have access to the best products and services and can choose the provider that’s best suited to your business needs.
The Connectivity Partner Programme helps us maintain high-quality partnerships with Connectivity providers that enable you to keep growing your business.
We designed it to encourage Connectivity providers to take specific actions that benefit the property partners they work with. In return for each action these providers complete, they receive points as part of the Connectivity Partner Programme.
They also earn points for offering quality connections and useful products and services, for helping us test new products and for sharing specific feedback with us.
There are three tiers in the Connectivity Partner Programme, and each provider is in a particular tier depending on their score. Since these tiers reflect providers’ overall performance, a provider’s position can help you decide which one is the best fit for your business.
The Connectivity Partner Programme tiers
The three tiers in the Connectivity Partner Programme are Standard, Advanced and Premier:
- As soon as a Connectivity provider starts working with us, they join the Connectivity Partner Programme as a Standard partner. If you choose to work with one of these providers, you can safely use their system to update your rates and availability on our platform and retrieve your reservations.
- Advanced partners also allow you to use their system to update your rates and availability on our platform and retrieve your reservations. They’ve also adopted other products and so they can offer you a wider range of functionalities. The exact nature of these functionalities varies from provider to provider.
- Premier partners are our best Connectivity providers. They offer the most advanced systems, with the widest range of products and services. Their connection quality is also usually higher than Advanced partners.
How Connectivity providers earn points
Connectivity providers can earn points in these categories:
Adding business value
In general, the more properties a Connectivity provider has in their portfolio – and the more business they generate on our platform – the more points they earn. This is because having a reasonable number of properties in their portfolio lets us verify the effectiveness of their Connectivity solution based on property partners’ experiences.
Implementing our product features
This is so we can be sure that properties have access to as many features as possible when using the Connectivity provider’s interface instead of the extranet. These features allow property partners to perform tasks like setting up promotions, managing their content, photos, rooms or units and rates and reporting invalid credit cards. Again, the more features the Connectivity provider implements, the more points they can earn.
Developing a quality connection with our platform
Connectivity providers can do this by adopting our APIs. The higher the connection quality with our platform, the more reliable and bug-free the user experience for their properties.
Engaging with us
Connectivity providers can do this by sharing feedback with us via research interviews or helping us to test new products. This helps property partners benefit from a seamless onboarding experience and optimise their performance on our platform.
Finding out which tier a Connectivity provider is in
To see which tier a particular Connectivity provider is in, log in to the extranet, click on Account and then click on Connectivity provider.
You’ll see a list of recommended Connectivity providers, and you can also search for other providers. For each provider, you’ll see details of their tier in the Connectivity Partner Programme, their connection quality score and the features they offer.
We recommend that you choose from our Premier providers. To see the details of these providers, including the type of software they provide and the languages they offer their solutions, check out this page if you’re managing vacation rental properties or this page if you’re managing hotels.
Working with Connectivity Providers
- Reopening availability using your channel manager if your guest checks out early
- Making sure the extranet and your channel manager are synced
- Managing rates on your channel manager
- Closing availability on rooms or units when using a channel manager
- Setting up rooms or units on your channel manager
- I work with other OTAs, as well as Booking.com. How can I manage my availability?
- Managing your availability through your Connectivity provider
- Setting up pricing per guest through your Connectivity provider
- Understanding pricing per guest models