What is a channel manager, and how does it help with my pricing?
Find out how a channel manager can save you time and help you manage your pricing and availability more efficiently on multiple channels.
A channel manager is a service provider that links the property management system (PMS) you use to manage your rooms and prices, with online platforms like Booking.com.
It lets you automatically update your rates, availability and reservations on several platforms all at once. If you don’t have a PMS, certain channel managers can provide you with one.
How can a channel manager help you?
If you’re selling rooms on more than one online platform, a channel manager will save you time and effort. In one place, you can update your prices across all online providers quickly and easily.
You are also far less likely to get overbookings because once a room is sold, it will automatically be removed from all other online providers – eliminating the chance that it’ll be double-booked.
As well as reducing overbookings, a channel manager helps you boost your revenue. Whenever you get a cancellation, your channel manager automatically puts that room back online immediately, giving you the best chance of having that room rebooked.
What’s more, you can track your performance across all your online providers. Accessing this data will help you make informed decisions when it comes to where to sell your rooms, and at what price.
If you run several properties, a channel manager can also streamline the sign-up process, as you can register your properties on multiple platforms at once.
Working with a Channel Manager
- How do I change or disconnect my channel manager?
- How do I finish the process of setting up my channel manager?
- I’ve set up my channel manager but I'm not bookable on Booking.com. What should I do?
- Is my channel manager connection live?
- What should I do if my channel manager and Booking.com extranet are not synced properly?
- How can I connect to a channel manager?
- What is a channel manager, and how does it help with my pricing?
- Which channel manager should I use?
- Which channel managers are ‘Premier’ and recommended to work with?
- How do I change a connectivity provider for multiple properties?
- How can I set restrictions like minimum stay on Booking.com if I use a channel manager?
- The details I received from my channel manager are showing differently to a guest’s booking. What should I do?
- I have bookings in my channel manager which aren’t showing in the Booking.com system, what should I do?
- I got an overbooking although I use a channel manager. What should I do?
- I use a channel manager but I'm not receiving emails about reservations. What should I do?
- How do I close out my availability on Booking.com if my channel manager is down?
- My guest checked out early. How can I put the unit back for sale using my channel manager?
- How do I close rooms on Booking.com if my channel manager is down?
- I’ve closed a room using my channel manager but it’s still open on Booking.com. What should I do?
- How do I close a room on Booking.com if I'm using a channel manager?
- How do I create the same room set-up on Booking.com as on my channel manager?
- How do I find the room ID when I’m mapping a new room type?
- I work with other OTAs, as well as Booking.com. How can I manage my availability?
- Maximising availability through opportunities
- Managing your availability through your Connectivity provider
- What to do if you aren’t receiving Genius email notifications
- How do I map rates to my channel manager?
- How do I change a rate on Booking.com if I’m using a channel manager?
- Can I close rates that are not connected to my channel manager?
- How to improve ranking and visibility through occupancy-based pricing
- Boost your revenue with occupancy-based pricing
- What is Occupancy Based Pricing
- How to use Solo Occupancy Rates
- I use a channel manager but I didn't receive credit card details for a reservation. What should I do?
- How can I stop credit card CVC codes being sent to me?
- I use a channel manager and I haven’t received a credit card CVC code for a reservation. What should I do?
- How and when can I charge a Virtual Credit Card (VCC) in my PMS / Channel Manager?