What is a channel manager, and how does it help with my pricing?
Find out how a channel manager can save you time and help you manage your pricing and availability more efficiently on multiple channels.
A channel manager is a service provider that links the property management system (PMS) you use to manage your rooms and prices, with online platforms like Booking.com.
It lets you automatically update your rates, availability and reservations on several platforms all at once. If you don’t have a PMS, certain channel managers can provide you with one.
How can a channel manager help you?
If you’re selling rooms on more than one online platform, a channel manager will save you time and effort. In one place, you can update your prices across all online providers quickly and easily.
You are also far less likely to get overbookings because once a room is sold, it will automatically be removed from all other online providers – eliminating the chance that it’ll be double-booked.
As well as reducing overbookings, a channel manager helps you boost your revenue. Whenever you get a cancellation, your channel manager automatically puts that room back online immediately, giving you the best chance of having that room rebooked.
What’s more, you can track your performance across all your online providers. Accessing this data will help you make informed decisions when it comes to where to sell your rooms, and at what price.
If you run several properties, a channel manager can also streamline the sign-up process, as you can register your properties on multiple platforms at once.
Working with Connectivity Providers
- Reopening availability using your channel manager if your guest checks out early
- Making sure the extranet and your channel manager are synced
- Managing rates on your channel manager
- Closing availability on rooms or units when using a channel manager
- Setting up rooms or units on your channel manager
- I work with other OTAs, as well as Booking.com. How can I manage my availability?
- Managing your availability through your Connectivity provider
- Setting up Occupancy Based Pricing