How much commission do I pay?
Booking.com works with a commission-based model, meaning that you pay us a set percentage on each reservation made through our platform.
The Booking.com commission percentage varies per country. Our global commission rate average is 15%, among the lowest in the industry, and can vary depending on your property type or location.
Calculate the commission for your region
If your location is not mentioned in the examples above, you can use our commission calculator to see what Booking.com commission rates apply to your region.
Your property will pay commission on confirmed stays after the guest has checked out and paid. Commission will also be charged on non-refundable bookings, regardless of whether the guest stayed at your property or not.*
We calculate the commission owed based on the total number of reservations from the previous month, excluding bookings that you correctly mark as a no-show.
Additional information for existing partners
If you're an existing partner, you can find more information about the commission you pay in the Accommodation Agreement you signed when joining Booking.com. You can always view how much commission is due (or has been paid) for each reservation by following these steps:
- Click on the ‘Finance’ tab in the extranet and select ‘Reservation statements’.
- Click on ‘Period’ to see all the reservation details that have been included in your invoice, and how much commission you’re due to pay.
- Download .xls or .csv versions of your invoice if you want to save or print them.
*Note: If you’re using an online payments service offered by Booking.com, different rules may apply. Find out more about online payments.
Commission, Invoices & Tax
- How can I make sure my commission invoice is accurate?
- Can I manage my invoices using Pulse?
- What should I do if I’ve paid my invoices but they show as ‘unpaid’ in the extranet?
- My property was auto-closed but I've now paid my invoice: what happens next?
- How can I compare the commission I pay with the reservations I receive?
- How can I see that my invoice is paid?
- When will my account be charged if I pay by Direct Debit?
- Will I receive a new invoice if my original invoice amount was corrected?
- How can I change the way I pay my invoices to Booking.com?
- How can I change my bank details?
- How can I pay my invoices?
- How can I change my invoice or banking details?
- Who can I contact with questions about my commission invoice or additional invoices?
- Where can I find the list of reservations included in my invoice?
- Do I need to send my Payment Confirmation after paying my invoice?
- How can I deduct available credits from an open invoice? [Brazil only]
- All you need to know about Direct Debit
- How credit notes work
- Can I query the commission I'm charged?
- Do I pay commission if a guest doesn’t arrive (no-show)?
- Why do I need to pay commission?
- How do you calculate the amount of commission I pay each month?
- How much commission do I pay?
- Will I pay commission on overbookings?
- Do I pay commission on cancelled bookings?
- Can Booking.com issue one invoice for all properties in my group account?
- Can I view all invoices in one place if I have multiple properties registered on Booking.com?
- I manage several different properties. Can I pay all my invoices in one go?
- I manage several different properties. Where can I handle my finances?
- Is city tax included in my prices on Booking.com?
- Does my Booking.com commission invoice include a VAT charge?
- How do I handle VAT and local taxes?
- Can I change the tax settings for my property?
- Can I make changes to my VAT settings?
- Everything you need to know about VAT rules in Georgia
- VAT legislation in Tajikistan