All you need to know about Direct Debit
Direct Debit authorises us to automatically collect payments from your account when they're due. You can set up Direct Debit by completing the Direct Debit Mandate form, which you can find in the extranet.
Aside from being the safest and most cost-effective way of paying your invoices, there are several other reasons to use Direct Debit. For example, you’ll save on transaction costs, and you’ll never have to worry about making your payments on time because everything is automated. You'll get notifications each time a transaction takes place, and payments are guaranteed with options for refunds if you’ve been debited incorrectly.
Note: if you're based in the eurozone and use Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) Direct Debit, the funds are recoverable by your bank for up to eight weeks. This period extends to 13 months when you have a valid reason.
What’s in this article:
Activating Direct Debit
Before activating Direct Debit, please check with your bank if Direct Debit is available in your region. If it is, you can set up Direct Debit by following these steps:
- Log into the extranet
- Click on Finance and select Bank details
- Click on Set up bank details, then click on Set up a Direct Debit or Get a SEPA mandate and fill in the details
- Click Save
In some cases, even if Direct Debit is available in your region, we may not be able to offer you this service. Use the payment information link found in the Financial Overview section of the extranet to check your eligibility before attempting to activate Direct Debit.
When we debit your account
We debit your bank account 14 days after issuing an invoice. Direct Debit processes can take between four to five days to complete, after which the invoice will be marked as paid and appear green in the extranet. If a Direct Debit doesn’t go through, the invoice will appear red.
Commission, Invoices & Tax
- Reopening your property after paying a late invoice
- When will my account be charged if I pay by Direct Debit?
- Paying your invoices
- Editing bank and invoice details
- Managing your reservation lists
- Deducting credits from an open invoice in Brazil
- All you need to know about Direct Debit
- How credit notes work
- Understanding VAT, city and local taxes
- How do I handle VAT and local taxes?
- Updating your tax and VAT and GST settings for guest bookings
- Everything you need to know about VAT rules in Georgia
- VAT legislation in Tajikistan: FAQs
- VAT legislation in Cambodia: FAQs
- VAT legislation in Ukraine
- Tax legislation in India: FAQs