All you need to know about Direct Debit
What is Direct Debit?
A Direct Debit authorises Booking.com to collect payments from your account automatically when they are due. You give this authorisation by completing a Direct Debit Mandate form. Once authorised, Booking.com can automatically take payments from you.
What are the benefits of Direct Debit?
Direct Debit is the safest and most cost-effective method of paying regular or occasional invoices.
It saves money in transaction costs.
It is automated, so you do not need to remember to make payments.
It saves time, as there are no forms to complete along with every payment.
It is secure and safe, leaving no room for human mistakes.
It is digitalised, with notifications available at all times with debiting amounts and times.
It is guaranteed, and you are entitled to a refund for any incorrect debits. If your debit is with a SEPA Direct Debit, the funds can be recovered via your bank up to 8 weeks from the debit date without any reason, and up to 13 months using a comprehensible reason.
How to activate Direct Debit
Booking.com accommodation partners can register online for Direct Debit by following the steps outlined below:
Log into your Booking.com account.
Go to the ‘Finance’ tab and select ‘Bank details’.
Register online for Direct Debit by clicking the button called ‘Set up a Direct Debit’.
When will my account be charged if I pay via Direct Debit?
After an invoice is issued, we’ll debit your bank account 14 days later. Keep in mind that Direct Debit processes take 4 to 5 days to complete.
The invoice will appear as paid (showing in green) on the extranet after a request is sent to your bank for payment.
If the Direct Debit doesn’t go through, the invoice will appear in red, i.e. unpaid, on the extranet.
Note: If you want to change your bank details, please see this article.
Commission, Invoices & Tax
- How can I make sure my commission invoice is accurate?
- Can I manage my invoices using Pulse?
- What should I do if I’ve paid my invoices but they show as ‘unpaid’ in the extranet?
- My property was auto-closed but I've now paid my invoice: what happens next?
- How can I compare the commission I pay with the reservations I receive?
- How can I see that my invoice is paid?
- When will my account be charged if I pay by Direct Debit?
- Will I receive a new invoice if my original invoice amount was corrected?
- How can I change the way I pay my invoices to Booking.com?
- How can I change my bank details?
- How can I pay my invoices?
- How can I change my invoice or banking details?
- Who can I contact with questions about my commission invoice or additional invoices?
- Where can I find the list of reservations included in my invoice?
- Do I need to send my Payment Confirmation after paying my invoice?
- How can I deduct available credits from an open invoice? [Brazil only]
- All you need to know about Direct Debit
- How credit notes work
- Can I query the commission I'm charged?
- Do I pay commission if a guest doesn’t arrive (no-show)?
- Why do I need to pay commission?
- How do you calculate the amount of commission I pay each month?
- How much commission do I pay?
- Will I pay commission on overbookings?
- Do I pay commission on cancelled bookings?
- Can Booking.com issue one invoice for all properties in my group account?
- Can I view all invoices in one place if I have multiple properties registered on Booking.com?
- I manage several different properties. Can I pay all my invoices in one go?
- I manage several different properties. Where can I handle my finances?