Everything you need to know about credit notes
If we’ve confirmed that we need to correct an invoice for you, keep in mind that this doesn’t mean we’ll send you a new invoice. Instead, your original invoice will remain valid, but we’ll also issue a separate credit note. This will show the amount that needs to be deducted from the original invoice – so this is the amount that you don’t need to pay.
What you do with the credit note depends on its value compared to your original invoice:
- If it’s for the same amount as your original invoice, we’ll automatically use it to clear your original invoice – you don’t need to do anything
- If it’s for a lower amount than your original invoice, we’ll automatically apply it to your original invoice – you’ll need to pay the remaining amount of that invoice
- If it’s for a higher amount than your original invoice, we’ll automatically use it to clear your original invoice and apply the remaining amount to your next invoice – you don’t need to do anything
Keep in mind that credit notes don’t have an expiry date, so you can use it at any time as long as you’re still working with us.
If you have any other questions, take a look at this article about paying your invoices.
Commission, Invoices & Tax
- How can I make sure my commission invoice is accurate?
- Can I manage my invoices using Pulse?
- What should I do if I’ve paid my invoices but they show as ‘unpaid’ in the extranet?
- My property was auto-closed but I've now paid my invoice: what happens next?
- How can I compare the commission I pay with the reservations I receive?
- How can I see that my invoice is paid?
- When will my account be charged if I pay by Direct Debit?
- Will I receive a new invoice if my original invoice amount was corrected?
- How can I change the way I pay my invoices to Booking.com?
- How can I change my bank details?
- How can I pay my invoices?
- How can I change my invoice or banking details?
- Who can I contact with questions about my commission invoice or additional invoices?
- Where can I find the list of reservations included in my invoice?
- Do I need to send my Payment Confirmation after paying my invoice?
- How can I deduct available credits from an open invoice? [Brazil only]
- All you need to know about Direct Debit
- Everything you need to know about credit notes
- Can I query the commission I'm charged?
- Do I pay commission if a guest doesn’t arrive (no-show)?
- Why do I need to pay commission?
- How do you calculate the amount of commission I pay each month?
- How much commission do I pay?
- Will I pay commission on overbookings?
- Do I pay commission on cancelled bookings?
- Can Booking.com issue one invoice for all properties in my group account?
- Can I view all invoices in one place if I have multiple properties registered on Booking.com?
- I manage several different properties. Can I pay all my invoices in one go?
- I manage several different properties. Where can I handle my finances?