Is city tax included in my prices on Booking.com?
Depending on how you choose to set it up (or ask our Accommodation Services team to set it up), city tax can be displayed as either included or excluded in the price guests see during the booking process.
You can check your current city tax settings as follows:
- Click on the ‘Property' tab in the extranet.
- Select ‘VAT/tax/charges’.
- If there is no mention of city tax in your list of charges, it’s assumed to be part of the final price.
Even if this is correct, it’s important to be transparent with guests and tell them what’s included in your prices.
To update how your city tax charges are displayed, our Accommodation Services team must first adjust your extranet settings. You can call them on your local support centre number for assistance.
Commission, Invoices & Tax
- How can I make sure my commission invoice is accurate?
- What should I do if I’ve paid my invoices but they show as ‘unpaid’ in the extranet?
- Reopening your property after paying a late invoice
- How can I compare the commission I pay with the reservations I receive?
- How can I see that my invoice is paid?
- When will my account be charged if I pay by Direct Debit?
- Will I receive a new invoice if my original invoice amount was corrected?
- How can I change the way I pay my invoices to Booking.com?
- How can I pay my invoices?
- Editing bank and invoice details
- Who can I contact with questions about my commission invoice or additional invoices?
- Managing your reservation lists
- Do I need to send my Payment Confirmation after paying my invoice?
- Deducting credits from an open invoice in Brazil
- All you need to know about Direct Debit
- How credit notes work