How can I customise and personalise my host profile on Booking.com?
Reading time: 2.5 minutes
Highlights: If you own or manage a home or apartment, you can personalise your property page’s content by writing a customised host or company profile. It’s an opportunity to share what makes your property and neighborhood unique, and include a welcome message for guests.
Writing a profile helps you stand out to guests and set expectations. On Booking.com, approximately 50% of home and apartment properties have a profile – and these partners get more bookings than those without a profile.
Here’s how to add or edit the info on your profile:
- Click the ‘Property’ tab on the extranet and select ‘Your profile’.
- Select your language and fill in the following sections:
- About the property: Describe what makes your property unique, such as information about decor, facilities, amenities and your property’s history.
- About the host or company: Write a short description about yourself and your property to help potential guests get to know your property better
- About the neighborhood: Include some tips about visiting the area and what local attractions they can find.
- Upload a host photo or company logo:
- Upload a photo of yourself or a member of staff who welcomes guests. When adding photos, don’t forget to include the name(s) of anyone in the photo. Alternatively, you can add a company logo so guests recognise your property when they arrive.
- Click ‘Save’ when you’re done.
Note: Your host or company profile is displayed publicly on your property page, so make sure you don’t include any sensitive information like website URLs, email addresses, phone numbers, or social media accounts.
Any references to Coronavirus (COVID-19), rates, discounts, policies, extra charges and extra fees – including any use of currencies or percentages – won't be saved under your profile.
If you need to add information related to Coronavirus, you can do so through the ‘Your Description’ page.
Any information related to extra charges and fees must be added on the ‘Additional Charges and Fees’ page.
If there’s a fee type that can’t be found on that page, you can contact your local Booking.com team who’ll be happy to help you make the changes.
Your first steps with Booking.com
- How to receive and use your location verification code
- I’ve already registered. Can I update my property details before I go live?
- Tips on getting your property ready for guests
- Logging in to your Booking.com extranet
- Why is my property page not available in all languages?
- Changing your property status to open/bookable
- Creating house rules for holiday rentals
- All you need to know about Risk-Free Reservations
- Risk-Free Reservations: FAQs
- How do I set up or change my check-in and check-out times?
- How can I set up my house rules clearly for guests?
- How do I report issues with guest misconduct?
- New partner restrictions: credit cards and prepayments
- How can I set up the key collection feature?
- How do I set up policies and payment methods before accepting reservations?
- Checking reservation information
- How can I customise and personalise my host profile on Booking.com?
- Sharing check-in information with guests
- How can I report guest misconduct issues via the Pulse app?
- How do I set up my host profile on Pulse?