How can I set up my house rules clearly for guests?
Depending on your property type, this feature may not yet be available to you. We’re working hard to roll it out for all partners as soon as possible. The vast majority of guests play by the rules and respect the properties they stay at. But to make things even clearer, we can present your rules so that guests have to read and agree to them before they can finalise their booking.
To set up clear house rules* in your extranet, just follow these steps:
1. Click on the ‘Property’ tab, then ‘Policies’.
2. Scroll down to ‘House Rules’.
3. Click on ‘Edit’. Here you can specify if your property:
- accommodates children
- accommodates pets
- accommodates smokers
- allows parties/events
- has set quiet hours
4. Click ‘Save’ to finalise your changes.
Your first steps with Booking.com
- Verifying your property location
- I’ve already registered. Can I update my property details before I go live?
- Tips on getting your property ready for guests
- Logging in to your Booking.com extranet
- Why is my property page not available in all languages?
- Changing your property status to open/bookable
- Verifying your property’s location by video upload
- Creating house rules for holiday rentals
- All you need to know about Smart Flex Reservations
- Smart Flex reservations: FAQs
- How do I set up or change my check-in and check-out times?
- How can I set up my house rules clearly for guests?
- How do I report issues with guest misconduct?
- New partner restrictions: credit cards and prepayments
- How can I set up the key collection feature?
- How do I set up policies and payment methods before accepting reservations?
- Checking reservation information
- How can I customise and personalise my host profile on Booking.com?
- Sharing check-in information with guests
- How can I report guest misconduct issues via the Pulse app?
- How do I set up my host profile on Pulse?