How do I report issues with guest misconduct?
It’s rare that partners have major issues with guests, but if something serious happens we’re here to support you.
You can report guest misconduct in your extranet and block the guest in question from booking your property again.
If you have multiple properties listed on Booking.com and you block a guest due to misconduct at one property, they will be blocked from booking all of your properties. To block a guest due to misconduct, just follow these steps:
- Click on the ‘Reservations’ tab.
- Select the guest you want to report by clicking the guest name or reservation number.
- Click on ‘Report guest misconduct’ to the right of ‘Reservation details’ section.
- Tick one of the misconduct scenarios and leave a brief comment under ‘Details’.
- Tick the appropriate box if you want to block the guest from booking your property.
- Click ‘Submit report’ when you’re done.
Important: Only use this feature if the guest’s misconduct matches one of the seven scenarios provided in the report tool. If the guest was simply a no-show, follow the ‘Mark as a no show’ procedure. If the guest’s credit card is invalid, follow the ‘Mark Credit Card as Invalid’ procedure.
Guest misconduct can be reported up to 7 days after check-out. Reports cannot be made for current guest reservations for future stays.
Your first steps with Booking.com
- How to receive and use your location verification code
- 5 features that give you more control over your listing
- I’ve already registered. Can I update my property details before I go live?
- Tips on getting your property ready for guests
- Logging in to your Booking.com extranet
- Why is my property page not available in all languages?
- Changing your property status to open/bookable
- Creating house rules for holiday rentals
- All you need to know about Risk-Free Reservations
- Risk-Free Reservations: FAQs
- How do I set up or change my check-in and check-out times?
- Can I set specific guest requirements to decide who can book my property?
- How can I set up my house rules clearly for guests?
- How do I report issues with guest misconduct?
- New partner restrictions: credit cards and prepayments
- How can I set up the key collection feature?
- How do I set up policies and payment methods before accepting reservations?
- Where can I find information about a reservation?
- How do I know if a reservation is confirmed?
- How do I know, and what should I do, when I get a booking?
- How can I customise and personalise my host profile on Booking.com?
- Sharing check-in information with guests
- How can I report guest misconduct issues via the Pulse app?
- How do I set up my host profile on Pulse?