New partner restrictions: credit cards and prepayments
If you’re a new partner and your property has not been verified by our team yet, you will temporarily be unable to view guests’ credit card details. Therefore, during this restricted period, you’ll need to request payment directly from guests at check-in. However, you will still be able to view and charge guests’ credit cards in cases of no-shows or cancelled non-refundable reservations where a fee applies.
Additionally, during this period you won’t be able to set policies for prepayments. We understand this may be an inconvenience, but it’s important that we first make the necessary checks before guests are asked to pay up front.
We’ve put the temporary ‘No Prepayment’ restriction in place so that we can verify new partners thoroughly, allowing guests that book your property through Booking.com to feel confident that they will be staying with trusted, reliable and verified property partners. We apply this procedure to all new partners.
Once the verification process is complete, we look forward to having a long and fruitful partnership with you for many years to come.
When will this restriction be removed?
The ‘No Prepayment’ restriction will be lifted after you’ve been verified by one of our teams.
Your first steps with Booking.com
- How to receive and use your location verification code
- I’ve already registered. Can I update my property details before I go live?
- Tips on getting your property ready for guests
- Logging in to your Booking.com extranet
- Why is my property page not available in all languages?
- Changing your property status to open/bookable
- Creating house rules for holiday rentals
- All you need to know about Risk-Free Reservations
- Risk-Free Reservations: FAQs
- How do I set up or change my check-in and check-out times?
- How can I set up my house rules clearly for guests?
- How do I report issues with guest misconduct?
- New partner restrictions: credit cards and prepayments
- How can I set up the key collection feature?
- How do I set up policies and payment methods before accepting reservations?
- Checking reservation information
- How can I customise and personalise my host profile on Booking.com?
- Sharing check-in information with guests
- How can I report guest misconduct issues via the Pulse app?
- How do I set up my host profile on Pulse?