New partner restrictions: credit cards and prepayments
If you’re a new partner and your property has not been verified by our team yet, you will temporarily be unable to view guests’ credit card details. Therefore, during this restricted period, you’ll need to request payment directly from guests at check-in. However, you will still be able to view and charge guests’ credit cards in cases of no-shows or cancelled non-refundable reservations where a fee applies.
Additionally, during this period you won’t be able to set policies for prepayments. We understand this may be an inconvenience, but it’s important that we first make the necessary checks before guests are asked to pay up front.
We’ve put the temporary ‘No Prepayment’ restriction in place so that we can verify new partners thoroughly, allowing guests that book your property through Booking.com to feel confident that they will be staying with trusted, reliable and verified property partners. We apply this procedure to all new partners.
Once the verification process is complete, we look forward to having a long and fruitful partnership with you for many years to come.
When will this restriction be removed?
The ‘No Prepayment’ restriction will be lifted after the verification process has been completed.
Your first steps with Booking.com
- Creating house rules
- Setting up check-in and check-out times
- Reporting guest misconduct
- New partner restrictions: credit cards and prepayments
- Setting up the key collection feature
- How do I set up policies and payment methods before accepting reservations?
- Reviewing information on reservations made at your property
- Sharing check-in information with guests
- Setting up your host profile on Pulse