Setting up the key collection feature
We know from research that confusion about key collection is one of the most common complaints concerning check-in, from both guests and properties alike. To reduce friction, we have introduced the Key collection feature on the extranet, where you can let guests know how they can pick up the keys, and whether they can be collected on site or at a different address.
We realise this information is sensitive, so we guarantee anything you upload will be stored securely and shared only with your guests.
To enable the Key collection feature, follow these steps:
- Log on to your extranet and click on the Property tab.
- Select Policies. Under the Other policies section, you’ll find a box called Key collection.
- Click on Edit.
- Choose an option from the drop-down box to specify how and where keys can be collected. You can include an alternative check-in option as a backup if needed.
- Use the Preview section to double-check the information you’ve provided.
- Remember to click Save changes when you’re done.
Guests can find the key collection information under Getting into the property section, on their booking confirmation email, booking confirmation Booking.com web page, guests' My Reservation page, or Booking.com app Bookings tab.
Depending on your property type, this feature may not yet be available to you. We’re working on making it available to all partners as soon as possible.
Your first steps with Booking.com
- Creating house rules
- Setting up check-in and check-out times
- Reporting guest misconduct
- New partner restrictions: credit cards and prepayments
- Setting up the key collection feature
- How do I set up policies and payment methods before accepting reservations?
- Reviewing information on reservations made at your property
- Managing first guest reservations
- Sharing check-in information with guests