Sharing check-in information with guests
We understand the importance of being able to communicate with your guests before their arrival. Whether it’s because you aren’t able to meet them in person, or you need to share certain information with them in advance, or any number of other reasons, you need to have the option of communicating with them ahead of their arrival.
If you want to contact a guest specifically about picking up keys, you can read this article on setting up the key collection feature. Otherwise, you have two options for communicating with them ahead of time. It’s best to get in touch as soon as possible, as your guests may be travelling or have limited access to their emails closer to their check-in date.
What’s in this article
- Log in to the extranet and click on Reservations
- Click on the guest name or their reservation number
- On the Reservation details page, scroll down to Conversation with guest
- Type your message in the text field, click on Templates to select one of your message templates, then click Send
- If you’d prefer to call your guest, you can see their contact number of clicking on Show phone number
Message templates are prepared responses that you can quickly send to save yourself the hassle of repeatedly typing the same message for different guests. To create a new template or update an existing one, follow these steps:
- Log into the extranet and click on Property.
- Click on Messaging preferences and then on Message templates.
- To create a new template, click on Create new template and write your message in the text field that appears. You can also add building blocks with guest details, such as their name and check-in date, which will automatically be filled with the correct information.
- Select the language you’ve written the message in, attach any relevant images and then click on Continue.
- Give your template a name and select the topic that it relates to, then click Save template.
- To update an existing template, select it from the list of templates, edit the message and then click Save template.
Once you’ve set up your template, follow these steps to send a template message to a guest:
- Log in to the extranet
- Click on Inbox and then on Guest messages
- Select the message you want to respond to
- Click on Templates and select the template you want to use
- Make any edits to the template message and then click Send
Your first steps with Booking.com
- Verifying your property location
- I’ve already registered. Can I update my property details before I go live?
- Tips on getting your property ready for guests
- Logging in to your Booking.com extranet
- Why is my property page not available in all languages?
- Changing your property status to open/bookable
- Verifying your property’s location by video upload
- Creating house rules
- All you need to know about Smart Flex Reservations
- Smart Flex reservations: FAQs
- How do I set up or change my check-in and check-out times?
- Reporting guest misconduct
- New partner restrictions: credit cards and prepayments
- How can I set up the key collection feature?
- How do I set up policies and payment methods before accepting reservations?
- Checking reservation information
- How can I customise and personalise my host profile on Booking.com?
- Sharing check-in information with guests
- Setting up your host profile on Pulse
- Smart Flex reservations: FAQs