5 features that give you more control over your listing
We’re listening: here’s what we’ve improved to give you more peace of mind
We understand that renting out your property isn't just a case of clicking a few buttons. It's more personal than that. For your peace of mind, we’re constantly working to improve the tools and services available to you – giving you more control over your property and the guests that book it.
Here are some updates we’ve made, based on your feedback.
Your host profile
Introducing yourself to potential guests shows them why staying at your property is a unique experience. It can help you attract more bookers and, most importantly, set the right expectations for their stay.
On the ‘Your profile’ page in your extranet, you can add a personalised message about yourself, your property and the neighborhood.
With this new feature, you’re in control of who can book your property. You can now set guest requirements like verified phone numbers and address details.
To add guest requirements, head to the ‘Policies’ page in your extranet*.
Your house rules
To encourage your guests to treat your property as if it were their own, you can now set up your own house rules. We’ll guarantee that guests have to read and confirm these rules before they book*.
Our damage deposit tool helps to protect your property and manage guest expectations. You can now include details like the deposit amount, your preferred payment method, and your refund policy.
To add damage deposit details, head to the ‘Policies’ page under the ‘Property’ tab in your extranet.
Reporting guest misconduct
We take your personal safety and the security of your property very seriously. For your peace of mind, we offer 24-hour support in over 40 languages. And in the rare case that something does go wrong, you can instantly report a guest’s misconduct and block them from making future bookings with you.
You can report guest misconduct up to 7 days after check-out, via the ‘Reservations’ tab in your extranet.
Let’s grow together
Our efforts to support you don’t stop when your guests check out. We’re still working on a range of additional updates, and will let you know as soon as they become available.
In the meantime, let us know what you think: it’s the easiest way to get your voice heard.
Do you have another property that you want to list on Booking.com?List more properties
*This feature is currently only available to some property types, but we’re working hard to roll it out for all partners as soon as possible.
Your first steps with Booking.com
- How to receive and use your location verification code
- 5 features that give you more control over your listing
- I’ve already registered. Can I update my property details before I go live?
- Tips on getting your property ready for guests
- Logging in to your Booking.com extranet
- Why is my property page not available in all languages?
- Changing your property status to open/bookable
- Creating house rules for holiday rentals
- All you need to know about Risk-Free Reservations
- Risk-Free Reservations: FAQs
- How do I set up or change my check-in and check-out times?
- Can I set specific guest requirements to decide who can book my property?
- How can I set up my house rules clearly for guests?
- How do I report issues with guest misconduct?
- New partner restrictions: credit cards and prepayments
- How can I set up the key collection feature?
- How do I set up policies and payment methods before accepting reservations?
- Where can I find information about a reservation?
- How do I know if a reservation is confirmed?
- How do I know, and what should I do, when I get a booking?
- How can I customise and personalise my host profile on Booking.com?
- Sharing check-in information with guests
- How can I report guest misconduct issues via the Pulse app?
- How do I set up my host profile on Pulse?