Accessing data to understand travel trends and attract more guests
In the extranet and on the Pulse app, you can find data to help you understand what travellers are looking for. By using this insightful data, you can prepare your property for the trends your region will encounter, and be one of the most sought-after places there.
What's in this article
What data is available
If you’re eligible, you can see certain types of demand data for your market, such as the average search booking window, the percentage of domestic and international searches and so on. The data is compiled by analysing the previous 14 days of activity on our platform.
We offer this data to the majority of our partners. If you can’t access it, that’s likely because you’re in an area without enough properties or recent searches, so the information won’t be accurate.
Where to find this data
To access this information about potential guests, log in to the extranet and click on Data on the homepage. You can also find it in the Pulse app’s Activity Feed.
How this information can help you get bookings
By using the data provided, you can easily optimise your promotions and policies to help your property perform at its best.
Since the data is updated daily, you can follow recent trends and prepare for periods of high demand, such as events, holidays and particular seasons.
Some of the data you have access to are:
- Where your potential guests come from
- Who booked your property (e.g. couple, family, group, solo)
- Which device the property was searched for and booked from
- How far in advance guests search
- Which cancellation policies are most popular
You can set up tailored promotions and policies from the Opportunity Centre in the extranet.
Growing your business
- All you need to know about the Partner Referral Programme
- How can I get performance advice for all my properties in one go?
- All you need to know about the Visibility Booster
- What is the difference between the Preferred programme and the Visibility Booster?
- The Opportunity Centre
- Becoming a Genius partner
- All you need to know about the Preferred Partner Programme
- Personalised performance advice – at your fingertips
- What is the Group Opportunity Centre?
- Maximising availability through opportunities
- Setting up products or promotions as a chain property
- All you need to know about Preferred Plus
- Adding a cleaning fee waiver for Genius travellers
- Search results, ranking and visibility
- How can I analyse my guest review scores?
- Using your Genius Report
- All about the Ranking dashboard
- How can I increase my occupancy using the sold-out dates report?
- What is the Analytics dashboard?
- Accessing data to understand travel trends and attract more guests