All about the Ranking dashboard
Found in the extranet Analytics tab, the Ranking dashboard provides you with the relevant data to track and improve your ranking on our platform’s search results.
Why is visibility so vital to your property’s performance? The more visible you are in our search results, the better your chances of attracting guests to your property page and increasing bookings.
What’s in this article
What is the Ranking dashboard?
Using historical data, the Ranking dashboard makes it easy for you to:
- View your ranking in our platform’s search results
- Compare your performance with other properties in your market
- Check your conversion – the percentage of guests that book after visiting your property page
Performance indicators on the Ranking dashboard
The Ranking dashboard’s key indicators cover the guest’s journey, from the initial search, to making a booking. In each phase, you can track your performance for the past 30, 90 or 365 days. You can even compare the past 30 or 90 days with the same period from the previous year using the following metrics:
- Search results views – The number of times potential guests saw your property in search results
- Click-through rate (CTR) – The percentage of potential guests that clicked on your property in the search results, relative to the number of search results views
- Property page views – The number of times potential guests viewed your property’s page
- Bookings – The total number of bookings received, including cancellations
Your property is also given a Search Results Score. This shows where your performance ranks against all properties in your market in the past 90 days.
Factors that affect ranking most
You can improve your Search Results Score by focusing on the factors that help us match guests’ preferences with the most relevant accommodation. This helps you attract those who want to stay at your property.
- Conversion – The percentage of bookings relative to the number of property page views. Conversion helps us predict the likelihood of your property being booked. The dashboard compares this with the average for your market.
- Average Daily Rate (ADR) – Your average room income per paid occupied room in a given period. The dashboard compares this with the average for your market.
- Cancellations – The percentage of booked rooms that were cancelled in the previous 90 days. The dashboard compares this with the average for your market.
- Property Page Score – Indicates how attractive and useful your property content, such as photos, descriptions, facilities, etc. is to potential guests.
- Review Score – How past guests rated their stay at your property.
All of these factors can help you identify where to improve. And to remain competitive with other properties in your area, the Ranking dashboard lets you compare your search results performance with others, known as the competitive set. You can update this set in your extranet Analytics tab once every 30 days.
Other features to help boost ranking
Presuming you’re getting the visibility basics right, there are still additional ways to increase bookings.
If you reach a certain level of performance on our platform, you can join two programmes that will further boost your visibility in search results.
- Genius – Brings you closer to our most frequent bookers. Your property gets a special Genius tag, a ranking boost and better visibility in search results on our website.
- Preferred Partner Programme – Rewards our high-performing properties with a badge of approval, alongside extra visibility in search results.
In addition, you can use the Visibility Booster to make your property stand out to bookers on certain high-demand dates, or during periods where you’re experiencing low sales or high cancellations.
You can also set up a deal or promotion to increase your occupancy for the days or periods you need it most.
Growing your business
- All you need to know about the Partner Referral Programme
- Setting up a Genius Business rate
- How can I get performance advice for all my properties in one go?
- All you need to know about the Visibility Booster
- What is the difference between the Preferred programme and the Visibility Booster?
- What is the Opportunity Centre?
- Becoming a Genius partner
- All you need to know about the Preferred Partner Programme
- How to increase revenue by offering breakfast as an add-on
- Personalised performance advice – at your fingertips
- What is the Group Opportunity Centre?
- Maximising availability through opportunities
- Setting up products or promotions as a chain property
- All you need to know about Preferred Plus