Adding a cleaning fee waiver for Genius travellers
As a Genius partner, you have access to promotions that optimise your visibility to select audiences. One such promotion is the Cleaning Fee Waiver opportunity. Our data shows that cleanliness is the top priority for travellers today, which makes the perceived value of cleaning services high. Applying this promotion to your rooms or units can help you stand out to more Genius travellers, increase your bookings and improve guest satisfaction.
You need to be part of the Genius partner programme to set up this promotion. Read this article to find out how to join.
What’s in this article?
Setting up the cleaning fee waiver promotion
If you choose to offer this promotion, we’ll show Genius Level 2 and 3 travellers your room rate with the cleaning fee waived from the total amount. This offer won’t be visible to other travellers. If cleaning fees are included in your room rate, however, you won’t be able to offer this promotion.
Follow these steps to set up the cleaning fee waiver promotion:
- Log in to the extranet
- Click on Opportunities and then click on Genius partner programme
- Click Value-adds and then click on Waive cleaning fee
- You can also pause the offer for a specific period of time in Advanced settings
- Save by clicking Activate promotion
Adding a waivable cleaning fee
Here’s how to add a cleaning fee that can be waived:
- Log in to the extranet
- Click on Property and then click on Policies
- Under Additional fees & charges click Edit
- Click Yes under Alongside the room/apartment rate(s), will guests need to pay any other fees for their reservation?
- Select Cleaning fee from the drop-down menu
- To create a separately charged cleaning fee that can be waived, select No to Is this already part of the room/apartment rate?
- Select the payment type and amount
- Click Save to finalise
Tracking and managing your promotion
You can track the performance of your cleaning fee waiver promotion in the extranet:
- Log in
- Click Analytics
- Click Genius report
- Click Value-adds
You’ll be able to see upcoming and completed bookings made with the promotion, as well as edit the promotion set-up.
Growing your business
- All you need to know about the Partner Referral Programme
- How can I get performance advice for all my properties in one go?
- All you need to know about the Visibility Booster
- What is the difference between the Preferred programme and the Visibility Booster?
- What is the Opportunity Centre?
- Becoming a Genius partner
- All you need to know about the Preferred Partner Programme
- Personalised performance advice – at your fingertips
- What is the Group Opportunity Centre?
- Maximising availability through opportunities
- Setting up products or promotions as a chain property
- All you need to know about Preferred Plus
- Adding a cleaning fee waiver for Genius travellers
- All about ranking, search results and visibility
- How can I analyse my guest review scores?
- Using your Genius Report
- All about the Ranking dashboard
- How can I increase my occupancy using the sold-out dates report?
- What is the Analytics dashboard?
- Accessing data to understand travel trends and attract more guests