All you need to know about the Preferred Partner Programme
Get up to 40% more bookings when you become a Preferred Partner.Check your eligibility
Preferred Partner Programme: the benefits
Preferred is an exclusive Programme that gives greater visibility to our top 30% of partners. Partners must meet a set of criteria to join, but once a member they can expect a big boost in bookings in return for a small increase in commission.
Preferred properties get greater visibility in the search results and receive a special ‘thumbs-up’ icon which acts as the Booking.com seal of approval. These factors can lead to Preferred Partners getting up to 65% more page views and, ultimately, 40% more bookings.
How to join the Preferred Programme
Partners become eligible to join when they reach the required 70% threshold in each of the following categories:
Performance score: This is a combination of your expected annual sales and your customer demand.
Review score: This is related to how guests rate your property after they’ve checked out. Your usual score out of 10 is converted into a percentage.
Pricing score (only applicable in some countries): This is based on how competitive your prices are on Booking.com compared to other platforms.
To find out if you’re eligible to join the Preferred Programme, log on to the extranet, click on the ‘Opportunities’ tab and then ‘Preferred Partner Programme’.
How to stay in the Preferred Programme
Once you’ve been a member of the Preferred Programme for 90 days, we’ll verify your eligibility each quarter to ensure you’re still meeting the criteria of being a high-performing property. To check your status throughout the year, check the ‘Opportunities’ tab in the extranet and click on ‘Preferred Partner Programme’.
We will also let you know by email about any improvements you should make to stay in the programme and how much time you’ll have to work on this.
How to leave the Preferred Programme
Opting out is easy and can be done at any time. Just go to your extranet ‘Opportunities’ tab and select ‘Preferred Partner Programme’ and you’ll see the option to leave Your status and commission amount will change immediately, and you’ll receive a confirmation message in your ‘Inbox’.
Please note that once a property has left the Programme, it will only be able to rejoin after 180 days as long as they meet the criteria. If you have questions or problems regarding leaving the programme, please contact your local Booking.com team.
Want more visibility?Become a Preferred Partner
Growing your business
- All you need to know about the Partner Referral Programme
- Setting up a Genius Business rate
- How can I get performance advice for all my properties in one go?
- All you need to know about the Visibility Booster
- What is the difference between the Preferred programme and the Visibility Booster?
- What is the Opportunity Centre?
- Becoming a Genius partner
- All you need to know about the Preferred Partner Programme
- How to increase revenue by offering breakfast as an add-on
- Personalised performance advice – at your fingertips
- What is the Group Opportunity Centre?
- Setting up products or promotions as a chain property
- All you need to know about ranking, search results and visibility
- How can I analyse my guest review scores?
- Using your Genius Report
- What is the Visibility Dashboard?
- How can I increase my occupancy using the sold-out dates report?
- What is the Analytics dashboard?
- New data to help you attract more guests