Becoming a Genius partner
Genius is an exclusive marketing programme designed to give our best partners more exposure on our platform. Joining Genius gives you extra visibility through special tagging, ranking boosts and better visibility in search results on our platform. On average, partners who join Genius increase their bookings by 29% and their revenue by 24%, with the cost of the discount accounted for.
To learn more about Genius, visit our Solutions page.
What’s in this article
How to join the Genius programme
To join Genius, your property needs to meet three eligibility criteria:
- It’s open and bookable on our platform
- It’s received at least three guest reviews
- It has a review score of at least 7.5 (we may make an exception if the average review score in your area/city is lower than 7.5 and your property’s review score is above that average)
If you meet these criteria, you can sign up to Genius by clicking on Opportunities in the extranet and then selecting Genius partner programme.
When you join the programme, the 10% Genius discount is automatically applied to your least expensive and most popular room type or unit. If your least expensive room is also your best-selling room, the discount will only apply to that one.
How to suspend your Genius discount
As an active partner of the Genius programme, you can choose to block out Genius-related discounts and offers for up to 30 days per year. During these days all your Genius discounts will be turned off and your regular rates will be available. This includes Genius Business discounts – there are no additional or separate block-out days available for Genius Business.
Here’s how to suspend your Genius discount:
- Log in to the extranet
- Click on Opportunities and then select Genius partner programme
- Click Suspend Genius discount
- Click Select dates and choose the dates on the calendar that you want to suspend the discount for
- Click Suspend dates to confirm
How to opt out of the Genius programme
You can opt out of Genius by sending us a message via your extranet inbox, following these instructions:
- Log in to the extranet
- Click on Inbox and then select Booking.com messages
- Click on See contact options, then on Property details and then on Other
- Click on See all contact options and then on Message
- In the text field, let us know that you’d like to opt out
- If you have any relevant documents, you can attach those to the message
- Click on Send message when you’re finished
Once you opt out, you won’t be eligible to join the programme again for six months.
Growing your business