Becoming a Genius partner
Genius is an exclusive marketing programme designed to give eligible partners more exposure on our platform. Joining Genius gives you extra visibility through special tagging, ranking boosts and various marketing investments from Booking.com. On average, partners who join Genius see an increase of 70% in search result views, 45% in bookings and 40% in revenue with the cost of the discount accounted for.
To learn more about Genius, visit our Solutions page.
What’s in this article
How to join the Genius programme
To join Genius, your property needs to meet three eligibility criteria:
- It’s open and bookable on our platform
- It’s received at least three guest reviews
- It has a review score of at least 7.5 (we may make an exception if the average review score in your area/city is lower than 7.5 and your property’s review score is above that average)
If you meet these criteria, you can sign up to Genius by clicking on Opportunities in the extranet and then selecting Genius partner programme.
When you join the programme, the 10% Genius discount is automatically applied to your least expensive and most popular room type or unit. If your least expensive room is also your best-selling room, the discount will only apply to that one.
How to suspend your Genius discount
As an active partner of the Genius programme, you can choose to block out Genius-related discounts and offers for up to 30 days per year. These don’t have to be consecutive days. On your blocked days, all your Genius discounts will be turned off and your regular rates will be available.
Here’s how to suspend your Genius discount:
- Log in to the extranet
- Click on Opportunities and then select Genius partner programme
- Click Suspend Genius discount
- Click Choose dates and choose the dates on the calendar that you want to suspend the discount for
- Click Suspend dates to confirm
How to opt out of the Genius programme
You can opt out of Genius by sending us a message via your extranet inbox, following these instructions:
- Log in to the extranet
- Click on Inbox and then select Booking.com messages
- Click on See contact options, then on Property details and then on Other
- Click on See all contact options and then on Message
- In the text field, let us know that you’d like to opt out
- If you have any relevant documents, you can attach those to the message
- Click on Send message when you’re finished
Once you opt out, you won’t be eligible to join the programme again for six months.
Growing your business
- All you need to know about the Partner Referral Programme
- How can I get performance advice for all my properties in one go?
- All you need to know about the Visibility Booster
- What is the difference between the Preferred programme and the Visibility Booster?
- What is the Opportunity Centre?
- Becoming a Genius partner
- All you need to know about the Preferred Partner Programme
- Personalised performance advice – at your fingertips
- What is the Group Opportunity Centre?
- Maximising availability through opportunities
- Setting up products or promotions as a chain property
- All you need to know about Preferred Plus
- Adding a cleaning fee waiver for Genius travellers
- All about ranking, search results and visibility
- How can I analyse my guest review scores?
- Using your Genius Report
- All about the Ranking dashboard
- How can I increase my occupancy using the sold-out dates report?
- What is the Analytics dashboard?
- Accessing data to understand travel trends and attract more guests