How to increase revenue by offering breakfast as an add-on
Increase your revenue by selling breakfast as an additional service to guests who have booked their stay without it.Add breakfast now
We know that increasing the average daily rate (ADR) is a common challenge for all partners. That’s where alternative sources of revenue can play a key role. Selling meals as add-ons to your rooms can be a simple way to secure additional revenue, while also benefiting from a lower cancellation rate.
According to our research, 61% of guests prefer to book breakfast before they check in. Our data also shows that these guests tend to be more committed to their reservation, which leads to fewer cancellations and overlapping bookings.
To offer a meal as an add-on, follow these steps:
Log in to your extranet and click on the ‘Facilities & Services’ tab.
Scroll down until you see the ‘Meals’ section. Where it says ‘Do you serve meals?’, select ‘Yes’.
Enter the price for the meals you want to sell to guests online.
Click on ‘Save’.
To help you increase your meal sales, we’ll also promote them to guests via email and other channels. If you would like to disable this option, simply follow the steps above, but delete the meal prices instead.
NOTE: For breakfast and other meal add-ons, the same commission rate applies as for the room reservation (standard commission). Around 15% of the guests who see the breakfast add-on online end up booking it. These guests also have a lower cancellation rate.
If you use a channel manager or PMS and your XML provider doesn’t support add-ons, you can still sell breakfast to your guests via your Booking.com extranet. Just follow the steps above.
Growing your business
- All you need to know about the Partner Referral Programme
- Setting up a Genius Business rate
- How can I get performance advice for all my properties in one go?
- All you need to know about the Visibility Booster
- What is the difference between the Preferred programme and the Visibility Booster?
- What is the Opportunity Centre?
- Becoming a Genius partner
- All you need to know about the Preferred Partner Programme
- How to increase revenue by offering breakfast as an add-on
- Personalised performance advice – at your fingertips
- What is the Group Opportunity Centre?
- Maximising availability through opportunities
- Setting up products or promotions as a chain property
- All you need to know about Preferred Plus